• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FOA Cse 1000 - What no milestone celebration

A

Arty Monitors

I hear that FOA Course No 1000 will be going through TTF/FOTF later this year and there are no plans to celebrate this momentous milestone in TG9 history.
Why is that I wonder?
CATCS makes a big deal over every hundredth controllers course that passes through, yet this major milestone in the Flight Ops world seems destined to just tip toe through Shawbury and out the gates unnoticed.
Is this just a CATCS 'they're only FOAs - they don't really matter' mindset? Especially now as FOAs will not naturally progress towards CATCS as their careers develop, maybe its time some of the Flt Ops Officers took ownership and made this what it should be – a landmark event to be celebrated.

Last edited:

Rover One

LAC
Was thinking the same myself.

Obviously too busy to organise something. Shame on CATCS for not pulling something out of the bag, same I suppose for TTF not even trying.

SCARECROW

LAC
I agree, they made a big deal out of JATCC cse 300, but there was so many
failures they had to amalgamate 2 cse's to get enough people for the course
photo !

They should do something for cse 1000, I was looking forward to it as I still work on the base 23 yrs after passing cse no 638.(but as a civvie now)

I guess 'they are only assistants' stills prevails !!!:pDT_Xtremez_44:

Chaka

Sergeant
I hear that FOA Course No 1000 will be going through TTF/FOTF later this year and there are no plans to celebrate this momentous milestone in TG9 history.
Why is that I wonder?
CATCS makes a big deal over every hundredth controllers course that passes through, yet this major milestone in the Flight Ops world seems destined to just tip toe through Shawbury and out the gates unnoticed.
Is this just a CATCS 'they're only FOAs - they don't really matter' mindset? Especially now as FOAs will not naturally progress towards CATCS as their careers develop, maybe its time some of the Flt Ops Officers took ownership and made this what it should be – a landmark event to be celebrated.

Oh FFS Arty, Man Up you big hom!

You say that 1000th AATC/FOA/Ops dude Cse goes through later this year?

Well, rather than coming on the Goat trying to stir things up with the 'them and us' mentality why don't you get off your fat arse and organise something!

Or are you not capable of organising a 'p1ss up in a brewery'?boxer

D

damage

In all fairness, the powers that be are in discussion at the moment trying to sort something, nothing on the streets yet but watch this space. It hasn't been forgotten and I've been assured that it won't pass with a whimper.

opsgeek

IC Tea's and Key's
They are looking at a 'do' the night the course grads (dont want to take anything away from the students graduating)
The course is due to grad in July
When theres more news i'll let you know!

Last edited:
When the wet concrete surrounding the grad date for 1000 course sets we will set the publicity wheels in motion. The goat will be the first to know about the date and the plans. Hopefully this will be early next week. PM me if you want a personal invite......

A

Arty Monitors

So why the secrecy? or is it a case, that you were hoping no one would notice that you haven't planned anything and are now running about like blue arsed flies trying to quickly knock something up?

Last edited:

R_Squared

Flight Sergeant
So I guess the cream for that chip on your shoulder never actually worked then?

It sounds like something may be being sorted out, I'm sure it was a direct response to the world class bleat eminating from this thread.

Thank christ you had the courage to come on here and whinge like a girl to get something done about it.

opsgeek

IC Tea's and Key's
So why the secrecy? or is it a case, that you were hoping no one would notice that you haven't planned anything and are now running about like blue arsed flies trying to quickly knock something up?

Would you like to come down and organise somthing?

A

Arty Monitors

So, any news yet or is everything "still in the planning stages"? Something must have been sorted by now surely? :pDT_Xtremez_35:

The date is 9 July.
The format is, as yet, unconfirmed but will be informal and pm/evening.
There will be a small charge for the evening event for food.
There is little or no on base accom available as ATC Summer Camps are on.
The event will be primarily targetted at Ex TTF/FOTF instructors but no ex Ops Clerks, Assistants, AATCs, ATCAs and FOAs (and anyone else I've missed out) which went through the Flt will be turned away.
When we have a few minutes to spare in the next couple of weeks the event will be formally advertised, but right now we have higher priorities.

That enough to shut you up for now????

I

insideinfoman

What about all those ex-instructors that have left the service, are you aiming to contact them and invite those along or are you hoping that it'll be word of mouth?

:pDT_Xtremez_30:

We are hoping to track as many of them as possible down by various means but don't have the answers to everything or a magic database of where they all are now. If you have ideas or contact details for anyone please pm me.

the lovetoad

Sergeant
Subscriber
The date is 9 July.
The format is, as yet, unconfirmed but will be informal and pm/evening.
There will be a small charge for the evening event for food.
There is little or no on base accom available as ATC Summer Camps are on.
The event will be primarily targetted at Ex TTF/FOTF instructors but no ex Ops Clerks, Assistants, AATCs, ATCAs and FOAs (and anyone else I've missed out) which went through the Flt will be turned away.
When we have a few minutes to spare in the next couple of weeks the event will be formally advertised, but right now we have higher priorities.

That enough to shut you up for now????

Who? Never knew there were clerks in TG9!!

D

damage

Who? Never knew there were clerks in TG9!!

Before AATCs there were Ops Clerks, I think some of the first courses through TTF may have even been titled as such but I wouldn't swear this is correct. You'll have to check some of the old photos to clarify.

See you in July.