• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Flying Suits

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
These guys have balls of steel...The margin for error when they are virtually brushing the treetops or skirting the rockface is fag paper thin...every movement of their body may affect the flight envelope so if you forget yourself or god forbid get a cramp you would become a red streak on a ckiff face...

respect!

As an aside one would have thought the mil would either have had a hand in such technology or now looking very seriously at it as a method of insertion.

G

grumpyoldb

I want to see the out takes.................... :pDT_Xtremez_31:

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Didn't one of the said guys wipe out a few weeks ago?

Last edited:
G

grumpyoldb

I felt that! :pDT_Xtremez_42: Thanks Mono. :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Craig855s

Sergeant
Must be an incredible feeling, no mistakes allowed there though, I wonder if these suits allow you to fly straight? (In case you find yourself following a slope directly into the ground and need to create some clearance to open your chute?)

M

monobrow

Must be an incredible feeling, no mistakes allowed there though, I wonder if these suits allow you to fly straight? (In case you find yourself following a slope directly into the ground and need to create some clearance to open your chute?)
Once you have speed he should be able to manipulate it to pull up should the worst happen, but the margin between an achievment and a mess is so fine I doubt he thought it was going to be a problem until it was too late.

G

grumpyoldb

Hope he didn't have a stiffy when it grounded...............! :pDT_Xtremez_42:

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Jeb Corliss has done thousands of base jumps and quite a few big suit dives as well. His girlfriend does the same! They did a base jump from the Petronas towers I believe.. She was imaculate, he blew it and broke both ankles on landing.. He did a jump of the Angel Falls as a teenager.. and spent 3 days getting out of the rain forest below! Love the statement of his after landing on "Grinding the Crack".. "I came extremely close on that one!"

Dave-exfairy

Warrant Officer
As an aside one would have thought the mil would either have had a hand in such technology or now looking very seriously at it as a method of insertion.

AFAIK they have, "them" from the Hereford gun club were apparently testing these early to mid 2000's in the airspace above the old RAF base at Sculthorpe.

unruly1986

Sergeant
Look on YouTube for Bilspen fly-bys, very impressive. Also any of the 'Phoenix fly' vids.

Jeb Corliss (guy who crashed into table mountain) wants to land one of these things. He has a HUD on his visor that is linked to gps, so he knows if he's on the correct glideslope.