• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Flt Lt Jon Minney RIP

sadscopie

SAC
JonMinney.jpg

I got some sad news from my Sqn Ldr this morning infoming me that Flt Lt Jon Minney (Fighter Control / IDO) was fatally injured in an RTA last night.

Jon was just 24.

A sad loss of a great boss and friend.

RIP Fella.

Pprune have another thread running started by another of Jon's many friends.

Last edited:

Gunnerrock

Corporal
I got some sad news from my Sqn Ldr this morning infoming me that Flt Lt Jon Minney (Fighter Control) was fatally injured in an RTA last night.

Jon was just 24.

A sad loss of a great boss and friend.

RIP Fella.

RIP Sorry for the loss

Last edited:
C

Chuff Chart

Sad news there fella, seems all you ever see i SRO's these days is funerals :(

T

tablet_eraser

Jon was a bloody good friend and colleague; I've been in shock since hearing the news this morning, and have spent much of the day contacting people to inform them.

Jon was one of the Service's brightest sparks (and had one of its strongest livers!) and will be sorely missed.

hubfail

LAC
Another of life's gooduns cut down in their prime - gutted :(

Spent many a happy hour on TR with him as IDO in my days up north. My stint on console always seemed to go faster with him on IDO!

RIP Fella

Last edited:
A

Ausman

Jon

Jon

Having worked closely with Jon for the last year, I can't put into words my feelings on hearing this sad news. Jon lived life to the full and was allways cracking jokes. It will be hard going back into work knowing he will not be there. Jon was more than just my Boss he was a friend. RIP Boss you will be greatly missed by me and all at the Clacker Club. Aus.

Last edited:

sadscopie

SAC
Having worked closely with Jon for the last year, I can't put into words my feelings on hearing this sad news. Jon lived life to the full and was allways cracking jokes. It will be hard going back into work knowing he will not be there. Jon was more than just my Boss he was a friend. RIP Boss you will be greatly missed by me and all at the Clacker Club. Aus.

Nice one Aus!

J

JNo

Jon was a good friend from IOT, the news has come as a massive shock. He was a great lad, had many a 'quiet' night out with him. RIP.

L

luxurydave

Couldn't believe the news that Jon Minney has gone - totally shocking!!!
We had some great times in the Falklands last year - one of the best officers and nicest guys i've had the privilage to work with. He will be greatly missed!

sadscopie

SAC
Time and date of the funeral for Flt Lt Jon Minney has been set for 1300 Thu 15 Mar 07.
Coton Road
Guilsborough
Northants
NN6 8RD
Service personnel attending are asked to be at the Church NLT 1230 in No 1s with Medals and to report to WO Bob Greenfield
Family Flowers only and donations to RAFA and/or the Oncology Department, Leicester Royal Infirmary, Infirmary Square, Leicester, Leicestershire LE1 5WW.
POCs at RAF Fylingdales, Flt Lt Mat Best or WO Bob Greenfield

PSF Angel

LAC
No words to describe how truly gutted I am. I got to know him in the Falklands too. He was a top bloke and it was a real honour to have known him. RIP big fella. My thoughts are with the family.

R

Reformed Scribbly

A real character and nobody's fool. His comments would always brighten up/fire up the crewroom. Very sad to hear about his passing, best wishes to his family.

T

Tuckshop_Tornado

I had the pleasure of working with Jon a few times over the past year.

He always knew how to get the best from his Team, Always smiling and had me in stitches on more than one occation.

I'll raise a glass and have a quite moment on Thursday.

Rest Easy Jon

A

Ausman

I would like to thank everybody who attended the Funeral Service for Jon. The turnout just proved that Jon touched so many with his infectous wit and lust for life. Jon you can now RIP knowing that you were so highly thought of. Meeting Jon's family and friends, sharing stories of his life has served only to confirm that the world has lost one of the best.