• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Flight Manuals

big_dawg

LAC
Afternoon All,
Haven't been on the goat for a little while but I am really hoping someone can please help me with this query. I now work for a civvy company supplying/publishing flight documentation and publications for major airlines. My question is manily for the Tristar/Voyager AT fleet, I was wondering does the RAF use the manufacturer supplied flight manuals (FCOMs, QRH, MEL, FCTM etc.) or does create its own? Obviously the airframes are not standard fit which would requiring heavy customising of the manufacturer data. I have done some googling but to no avail.

Many Thanks
BD

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
As the Voyager is EASA compliant, and at least one is civil registered, they SHOULD be using the OEM AFM with supplements for their operational equipment and environment.

Tri-star might not be EASA or CAA compliant and may be supported for OEM and FAA requirements through its IPT.

Just guesses.

big_dawg

LAC
Thanks both for the gen and the background info. That's just what I was after. Now to get my head back into the EASA regs!

Thanks Again.
BD