• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Five percent.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Those currently serving and getting the 5% should look at how it will be paid for and ask who will be covering the gapped civilian posts and what the impact of those gaps may be on the support to the front line...

It isn't gonna be nice folks...

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
So what exactly does this £1000 consolidated mean? Is it taxed and NI'd? How does it affect future pay/pension?

Yes it is taxed and I'm pretty sure its NI'd too. I'll pop back around 31 July and let you know when I receive my consolidated payment in my payslip.

Curious to see that Engineering Trade Pay isn't anywhere to be seen in the report 🤔.

I wonder if they have just forgotten that engineers are hemorrhaging to better paid jobs on the outside ...

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
This is actually really clever. Doing the 5% +£1k is more beneficial to those of lower pay, meaning a top grade air commodore gets 5.8% (close to the average across public sector) but a bottom level AS1 gets like 10% (above inflation).

It's also very clever because it sneaks in a much higher rise than other sectors are getting, without making a bad headline - I think my rise is about 7%

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
Curious to see that Engineering Trade Pay isn't anywhere to be seen in the report 🤔.

I wonder if they have just forgotten that engineers are hemorrhaging to better paid jobs on the outside ...
Because the fine detail still had'nt been worked out at the time of publication an increase in Techie pay and or a FRI is imminent

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
My RAF pension went up 10.1% this year and looks like it will go up around 7-8% next year. At this rate, my pension will be more than a regular earns!
New calculator release on 01 Aug - more pleasing news for us potential men of leisure I am assured.

UlsterExile

Sergeant
There is a YouTube channel called The Savvy Squaddie, all be it its heavy Army orientated but does cover things like pensions and the pay rise quite good.

bigjd

LAC
I'm actually quite happy with the pay award at the level I'm at. It works out at around 10% with the extra £1000.

I took a massive pay cut joining the RAF and I graduate phase 2 next week, so I'm looking at a pretty hefty pay rise now.