• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fitness Test - Press Ups

shaazzap

LAC
Just a quick one...

For the initial fitness test do the press ups have to be "full" ones, where you're on your toes or can you be on your knees? I know its probably obvious its full ones but no harm in asking right ;)

Thanks!!

Erm, as much as we'd all love the fitness test to be made even easier than it already is I'm afraid you have to do proper push-ups. They have altered the format ever so slightly, but your still required to be on your toes.

If your struggling just practice daily, you'd be surprised at how quick you can build the repetitions up. There are plenty on apps on both apple and android to help.

Good luck.

shaazzap

LAC
Erm, as much as we'd all love the fitness test to be made even easier than it already is I'm afraid you have to do proper push-ups. They have altered the format ever so slightly, but your still required to be on your toes.

If your struggling just practice daily, you'd be surprised at how quick you can build the repetitions up. There are plenty on apps on both apple and android to help.

Good luck.

Hehe this was a bet between me and a colleague...He reckoned that because I'm female they'd lower the difficulty (?!its already half the amount for women than men!) So thanks for confirming that!

I feel really feeble...I can do the run in time, the sit ups no problem but the push ups are like a brick wall for me! I have to do 10...10! Not many but I can only manage 3 or 4 in proper form...so I'm trying to get my arms stronger and do ones from the knees then build it up to toes! Hope it works!!

Dragoon

Sergeant
As far as I remember, boys have to do full push-ups whilst girls get to do it on their knees. (ooh err)

briggfairy

Sergeant
it'a full press ups for both to a 90 degree bend of the elbow not all the way down which makes it a lot easer

Wuuf

LAC
Practice daily at press ups but also get some gym work in. The wiki page details the muscles you need to work on. Personally, I would give the bench press a go as you can replicate the press up and get someone to spot for you so you can adjust the weight. Usually the bar alone weights 20kg so just start with that and see how many reps you can do. If it is tons, then up the weight until you get a situation where you do a 3 sets of 8, with the 8th lift being a struggle. When you find the 8th lift easy, up the weight then drop the reps to 3 x 6, then 3 x 7, and again 3 x 8. Repeat until you are satisfied.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
As far as I remember, boys have to do full push-ups whilst girls get to do it on their knees. (ooh err)

Used to be the case that females did them at a 45' incline position against a bar of some sort. Well it was when I joined up. 1 female couldn't even do that (Nickname: Warchild) but then she was quite a tragic case.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts

Girls only do two things on their knees, praying is one thing and pressups isn't the other.

shaazzap

LAC
Practice daily at press ups but also get some gym work in. The wiki page details the muscles you need to work on. Personally, I would give the bench press a go as you can replicate the press up and get someone to spot for you so you can adjust the weight. Usually the bar alone weights 20kg so just start with that and see how many reps you can do. If it is tons, then up the weight until you get a situation where you do a 3 sets of 8, with the 8th lift being a struggle. When you find the 8th lift easy, up the weight then drop the reps to 3 x 6, then 3 x 7, and again 3 x 8. Repeat until you are satisfied.

thanks for this Wuuf :) Will definitely give it a go!

shaazzap

LAC
Used to be the case that females did them at a 45' incline position against a bar of some sort. Well it was when I joined up. 1 female couldn't even do that (Nickname: Warchild) but then she was quite a tragic case.

If only it were like that now haha! Let the training commence!