• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fitness test change?

sk8dave88

LAC
Have had it brought to my attention that the recruitment page is showing different pass levels than usual for the msft element and was wondering if this is the best kept secret and levels are changing for all or if this is just a way to get more through the recruitment door?

I've checked way back machine and as recent as 18th Feb it shows the old standards.

Anyone seen a DIN or IBN for a change for those already in service?
Screenshot_20240310_031455_Chrome.jpg

This is likely an 'entry standard' to help people through the door. Once at Halton/Cranwell, the phys will bring them up to the regular standard.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
This is the PJFT isn't it, hence 15-16 as you can apply at 15 &3/4s.

sk8dave88

LAC
Not been able to find anything which indicates a change is on it's way for those already in. Would be interested to see why the entry standard has been reduced. Especially when the year later they'll be expected to go from 8.06 to 9.10 for 17-29 male.

sk8dave88

LAC
It hasn't. these have been the PJFT requirements since at least 2012.
This was the same table from 18th Feb with the previous requirements. levels have since reduced and time required for run has increased.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240310_031757_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240310_031757_Chrome.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 12

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
This was the same table from 18th Feb with the previous requirements. levels have since reduced and time required for run has increased.

Fair one mate, I was looking at the wrong images.

Last edited:

sk8dave88

LAC
Confirmation received from RAF recruitment that the PJFT has been reduced to 90% of the in service levels with a view that someone reaching this level should have no issue meeting the current in service standard. We'll see how that goes I guess.

The lower standard is purely for the PJFT and day 1 fitness test Cranwell/Halton.

Looks like they have just gotten round to advertising this. Since around 2015 Halton recruits have been given a 20% waiver on the first RAFFT carried out on day 1, 10% for the next test on day 32 and they have to meet the required standard on day 63 before leaving.

Sorry, I got the first bit of this wrong. The levels required in the initial fitness assessment carried out before going to Halton have been reduced.

Recruits taking advantage of the 20% waiver have another test on day 14 and have to be within 10%. They do another on day 32 and have to meet the required standard at that point.

Last edited: