• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Firemen pull up a sandbag!!!!

shettie

Flight Sergeant
Christ - I remember the first incident all too well - damn thing burnt hard for about 5 hours! Burnt out all the runway lighting cables in the ducts as they all filled up with burning avtur! :) I think the most amusing bit was watching the "croud" take to their heels when the seats ejected themselves! :) My missus was in quarters about 1/2 a mile away and never even noticed the plume of thick black smoke!

firestorm

Warrant Officer
Nope, nothing to add to that. Thats why I left.
Now if its stories about endless days of cleaning and assorted bullsh1t you're after...........

theladf

Cynic & Conspiracy Theorist
I was a sootie on 55 from 1985-1990, so I missed the first event. However during my time at Marham a Flt Lt, newly qualified as a Victor captain on his first flight in charge got to the rotate point, got airborne all apart from one of the underwing tanks!!!!!! which slid down the runway, before combusting, that miffed the fire section who were in a vital game of volleyball!!!!!!!:pDT_Xtremez_19:

D

Dode

Sandbag!

Sandbag!

Seems my four years at Brawdy (TWU) were boring! Only an average of 8 shouts a day and perhaps 3/4 lost per yr were al;l in vain!!
I should have been a writer of fiction instead of spending endless hours filling in the Incident book/incident reports!
I was once told by my F/Sgt ,"If it didn`t happen,use the red pen anyway! It gives us a chance to get better wagons/more manpower!"
I cant deny this incident happened,but I can only say one thing! Whoever penned it,PLEASE do not take up writing as a career!!

Feel like a proper NATO potato after going to the RAF museum at Cosford. Would love to run on a crash line for one more day (maybe a full shift).
cup of corrrfeee