• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Female fitness

H

heartfixer

Notice a thread a few days ago ref Lap Dancing, and from experience is good for buttocks, thighs, (Legs in general) and abs, but that was another story.

Now the new fitness test approaches i am struggling with the press ups any tips to improve my technique, I also find it awkward because of my breasts. I can control them for running but I feel the they get in the way for press ups hopefully they will firm up with press ups (they are not bad now but there is always room for improvement.

Any tips on press ups would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

T

The Masked Geek

Let me know where you are and I'll give you a personal demonstration. :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Last edited:
P

pie sandwich

Have you tried wearing a good sports bra?

You could start off by doing just a few inclined press-ups a twice a day, then build up to doing more week by week, then change to doing them on a flat floor and doing again a few or as many is comfortable and build up each week, or an extra 1 per day.

wolfy

Warrant Officer
Well you could do press ups on me, i'm sure i could think of ways to keep you going until you reached the required amount or more:pDT_Xtremez_30:

PingDit

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Its easy. Just do normal press-ups and have your breasts supported by 2 hands from underneath. I'm finishing work at 4pm if that's convenient?

C

Comms_Lad

What they are trying to say is we would need to see photos before we could comment on best practise.

radrob

Corporal
Hi there,
I think the thing to remember is that it`s not just your chest working for press-ups. You will need to develop strength in your shoulders, chest and triceps. You could try weights which would help tone everything and not have you looking like fatima whitbread after five minutes, or work on your upper body strength by resting on your knees.
Try and do your maximum in the proper manner and then round off that number with a variation and gradually you will find your `good press-up` increasing in number.
The requirement for a press-up is that your chest touches the fist of your spotter. So a big rack should give you an advantage as you have to cover less distance.
Good Luck

H

heartfixer

Let me know where you are and I'll give you a personal demonstration. :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Thanks but I need to do more than one press up

Well you could do press ups on me, i'm sure i could think of ways to keep you going until you reached the required amount or more

There are a big difference between pressups and squats and I doubt you could last that long.

Its easy. Just do normal press-ups and have your breasts supported by 2 hands from underneath. I'm finishing work at 4pm if that's convenient?

From what I've read you are too old and I dont want to be doing CPR when you heart gives out, stick to the bike

Thank you Pie and Radrob are there any training programs which you would recommend and pie I have spent a lot of money on sports bras but whilst they hold them firm they dont make them much smaller:pDT_Xtremez_35:

wolfy

Warrant Officer
On a more sensible note building up as suggested is the best way it just depends on how quick you need to achieve your target. All round fitness and toning would be the ideal (soething to bear in mind for the next time around) but I suspect you dont have that much time. So really your left with PS suggestion and a bit of hard work.

N

NATOStandard

I always found the best way to attempt press ups during a fitness test was to have your spotter do the 1, 2, miss a few, 29. And there is loads of us out there that know what I mean.

P

pie sandwich

You could always do something llike wrap a long bandage around your chest to squash your puppies, but this would mean your chest can not expand enough to allow for a good lung full of air, and then it would be a bit embarrassing to pass out and wake up in the med ctr.:pDT_Xtremez_14:

wolfy

Warrant Officer
Could always use3 chairs, 1 for each hand and 1 for the feet, thus the same press up position without the floor bashing. With the bonus of really impressing the muscle mechanics.

radrob

Corporal
Depending on the amount or not of Phiz you do now I would maybe recommend that you start circuits, but put maximum effort into the upper body work. A weights routine would require that you attend to all of your muscle groups to avoid developmental imbalance and possible posture problems. IE balancing chest work with back work.
Your friendly PTI should be able to start you on your road to `buffness` and hopefully show you how to exercise whilst being good to your joints etc as bad habits can cause long-term issues.
Hope this helps
Regards
Rob

radrob

Corporal
I always found the best way to attempt press ups during a fitness test was to have your spotter do the 1, 2, miss a few, 29. And there is loads of us out there that know what I mean.

Common dude they are hardly asking you to be Mr Universe!!
One,two miss a few might make you that bit slower running with the ammo box as the Talitubbies slot you!!

The Loan Ranger

Corporal
Did the fitness test a few weeks ago and it's not the hand under the chest method anymore, you place your elbow on the ground with you fist up (in the air, i'm trying to keep this clean) and the presser-upper has to lower to that level for it to count, bit easier but then again if you've got to lift your knees off the ground and find it hard welcome to what we've had to do since it came in

practice, practice, practice I guess

good luck anyway at least you're showing the right attitude

FootTapper

Sergeant
Common dude they are hardly asking you to be Mr Universe!!
One,two miss a few might make you that bit slower running with the ammo box as the Talitubbies slot you!!

So by that logic the females should have to do the same fitness test as men of their age - after all the Talitubbies are equal opportunities Jihadists.

Let's face it - the female fitness test is embarassingly easy to pass -anyone not up to the standard required really is a waste of a good skin.

But to answer the OP - press-ups now measured off the shoulder, so your bosom will have no effect on the result.

HTH

K

kit

Heart fixer- there are lots of ways you can improve your technique.

1. If you really stuggle start by doing press ups against the wall in standing, you can progress the exercise by increasing the horizontal angle, ie using the edge of a bed or chair, then the floor on your knees or on a bench.

2 Tricep dips from a chair or bed are good for the back of the arms, make the exersice harder by moving your feet further way from you bottom, then take one foot off the floor.

3. Its better to do low weights higher reps if you want to do weights- you won't get that rambo bulked up look :)

4 To strengthen the muscles of you chest and 'firm everything up' put your hands together palm to palm at 90 deg( like you clapping) hold your elbows away from your body at shoulder height and push your hands together. you should feel the contraction over the top of your chest. Do this when you're watching telly, bored at work etc as many times as you like.

hope that helps :)

B

Boudecea

Fitness matters!

Fitness matters!

So by that logic the females should have to do the same fitness test as men of their age - after all the Talitubbies are equal opportunities Jihadists.

Let's face it - the female fitness test is embarassingly easy to pass -anyone not up to the standard required really is a waste of a good skin.

But to answer the OP - press-ups now measured off the shoulder, so your bosom will have no effect on the result.

HTH
I would happily do the same fitness test as the men, that way I wouldn't have the shame of being told that I 'only have to achieve' a crap low level because I'm a girl! Everyone's happy to comment then but no one says anything when all the fat sweaters are dying at the side while I'm still going alongside the people who aren't scared of a bit of huffing and puffing!!!

Press ups are a matter of practice and technique, start slow, maintain good form and keep going until you can't maintain that form, even if it's only one or two. Do the same every time up to 4/5 times a week. You'll be surprised how quickly you can achieve with perserverance.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

L

Lights

When I play cricket I wrap a load of Gaffer ape around my chest, this holds my boobs still, (and provides plenty of padding if I get hit too).

I know some lasses have done this for playing rugby too