• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Falklands 2.0

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Probably because Argentina's Economy is in the shit again.

Everytime its people start getting pissed off with the state it's in they, the ruling 'elite', wheel out good old faithful to distract the so called highly educated population.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Argentina just done a deal for 24 F-16s plus spares and training, Sidewinders and AMRAAMs.

I'm sure there's nothing to see here.

At best 1 Full Sqn to train with, and a few spare airframes for attrition. I can't be bothered digging into it, but even though they are 'well maintained' they are still 40 years old.

The Yanks nicknamed them 'Lawn Darts' on account for how often they crashed and I bet the Argentinians are in no position to improve on that moniker in anything even resembling some sort of of Safety Culture.

Forestfan

SAC
The Argies don't have anything they can tank from, so to get to the Falklands and back will be stretching things. More about upgrading and posturing than a threat I think.