• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Facebook

K

k9138

Hi, just a quick one - Just been looking over Facebook and the group for e-goater's doesn't seem to have any info about this website other than the picture.
I sent invites to all my RAF and ex RAF mates and most replied......What's this all about then??? Any chance of the guy who set it up adding a bit of info - may help when getting in the donations?
Ta x

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Doesn't a facebook group for e-goaters make a mockery of our attempts to remain anonymous? Just a thought.

TBJ, I know who you are, send me 10 quid now or I will tell the world your true identity ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaa. :pDT_Xtremez_31:

TW

tats

Sergeant
I think this has been discussed already, there are some of us on there but the majority find it a security risk (to be honest there is little that links my facebook to the military at all). I know there is a link to here from there somewhere but seeing as the site can be googled really easily I don't see the issue with not being on facebook.

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I think this has been discussed already, there are some of us on there but the majority find it a security risk (to be honest there is little that links my facebook to the military at all). I know there is a link to here from there somewhere but seeing as the site can be googled really easily I don't see the issue with not being on facebook.

Being photographed with certain equipment in the background and THEN putting it on Facebook, however, is a certain no-no.

Coming to a CCS brief near you! :pDT_Xtremez_09:

K

k9138

I fully understand that and you don't have to put your nickname in there if you don't want to....however, I read in another thread that e-goat wanted more people to know about them.
Just a thought as there are that many on FB at the moment it may help.

tats

Sergeant
I fully understand that and you don't have to put your nickname in there if you don't want to....however, I read in another thread that e-goat wanted more people to know about them.
Just a thought as there are that many on FB at the moment it may help.

You'd end up with people on FB trying to work out who everyone was on here and it'll all end with someone getting in the sh1t I'm sure. There are enough RAF groups on there and I think this place is linked from there.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Kerry on page one looks like fun...:pDT_Xtremez_15:

K

k9138

Is this the group you are talking about?

yes - not suggesting anyone join the group - just for the creator to add a link etc. I'm not one to be slack with security - was just thinking it may help to have more people know about e-goat when it comes to donations?

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
TBJ, I know who you are, send me 10 quid now or I will tell the world your true identity ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaa. :pDT_Xtremez_31:

TW

I see you haven't joined the subject group, unlike several high profile members of the goat. Using your e-goat avatar as your fb profile pic is probably not very clever!

If you want 10 quid off me you'll have to win it at fb Texas Hold'em (which isn't much of a challenge, believe me!!).

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I see you haven't joined the subject group, unlike several high profile members of the goat. Using your e-goat avatar as your fb profile pic is probably not very clever!

If you want 10 quid off me you'll have to win it at fb Texas Hold'em (which isn't much of a challenge, believe me!!).

Can we play Snap!

There are several goaters on there who I recognise just from their fb profile pic.

As far as fb goes, I am very selective as to who I "make friends" with.

As an aside, I can't put my pic up there. It'll make everyones screens crack

TW

Tashy_Man

Tashied Goatee
Deleted for PerSec.

You can put your own details on here, but not someone elses.

Crack on......................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

Last edited by a moderator:

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
Deleted, PerSec
Crack on......................:pDT_Xtremez_09:

At least he's not actually wearing Desert DPM in his pic. I see the group has gained a new member while we've been discussing it. Who might that be I wonder?

(I know it's not you Tashy, and it ain't me either).

Last edited by a moderator:

Shugster

Warrant Officer
At least he's not actually wearing Desert DPM in his pic. I see the group has gained a new member while we've been discussing it. Who might that be I wonder?

(I know it's not you Tashy, and it ain't me either).

That was me! I decided to leave it again though, I'm still not sure if it's a good idea.

K

k9138

If any of you have a FB account - check your privacy settings asap as they have updated the site and it knocked them all to sh-te.

sonofhacker

Trekkie Nerd
If E-goat gets onto Facebook, you know there'll be trouble...

You hear about the employers that look up employees, just think of the contreversy...
Think of the children :pDT_Xtremez_15:

lisab

Girlie Brosette Mod - I owe you nothing...oooh ah!

I take it that was a dig at me!! Well to be honest as I am EX-Raf now I really dont need to hide behind a user name hence my user name is LisaB, doesnt really take a genius to work out who I am!!! and besides its not like anyone that joins the e-goat FB group can look at my profile on FB unless I accept them as a friend!!!!!!!!

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
I take it that was a dig at me!! Well to be honest as I am EX-Raf now I really dont need to hide behind a user name hence my user name is LisaB, doesnt really take a genius to work out who I am!!! and besides its not like anyone that joins the e-goat FB group can look at my profile on FB unless I accept them as a friend!!!!!!!!

Not a dig as such, but aimed more at one of your fellow mods who is still serving but has since changed his e-goat avatar.

sonofhacker

Trekkie Nerd
Not a dig as such, but aimed more at one of your fellow mods who is still serving but has since changed his e-goat avatar.

Off Topic but have you sent a message to this mod at all? As I've found that apparently some people on t'internet have found a way of tracing pictures on sites...
Anyone kno anything on this?

Discuss...