• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Extra 5 mins in bed....

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
From the 1st of September, those still serving in the light blue are able to grow their beards in line with the dark blue.

Thoughts?

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
I have to admit I’m with Rocket on this one. I try growing a beard but after a few days of itching it has to go. Added to that The feckin thing makes me look like Catweasal on a bad day. To my mind it is another sign of lowering standards but I’m old, what do I know?

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Had an email through from The British Embassy. It's set as 1st September so they have time to ensure all the necessary policy is in place first.....although they've been deliberating on it for a while so all such formal rules should be ready to go.

I imagine this'll be the Floppy Sausages new toy to play with, I don't think you'll see individuals changing their minds several times a month just because they can't be bothered shaving now and again. You either grow one or not and it will come off for environments demanding gas right seals against the face such as CBRN.

Sniffer

Super Moderator
When have we ever hit a deadline on time? We cant get the important stuff done on time let alone something as trivial is this.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
I grew a couple of beards when in, had a chit, and hated it at the time, since leaving I normally have a beard and don’t see a problem with it, younger people seem to think that shaving every few of days is good enough and a beard looks better than this.

Always shave when in “looking for a new job” mode as I tried it wearing a beard and you could tell the difference in attitude with some interviewers and success didn’t happen as quick.

Ok so it's true. IBN released. No need to take time off to grow it either, if you can grow it longer than 2.5mm in 2 weeks that is.