• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ex armourer in Paralympics

Oberon305

Chairborne
These Paralympics have been something truly amazing. Tucked away of Ch4 without the massive fanfare afforded the Olympics themselves, the abilities of the athletes is often awe-inspiring. I couldn't stand on one of those sprinters blades let alone run 100m in 10.9 seconds like Jonnie Peacock and Oscar Pistorius on two of them. One of the lads in our office is involved in Olympic archery and went to the Paralympic event - amazing skill and control by archers holding a bow in their foot and releasing the arrow with their teeth or shoulder.Shame its all over on Sunday and will probably disappear until Rio.
Agreed, i've had tears in my eyes for a lot of these events. Guys like Jon B are completely awe-inspiring IMHO. I think it's disgusting that it hasn't afforded the same BBC coverage as the main Olympic events, but the packed-out stadium last night says a lot for the support from Joe Public.

Elwood

SAC
Anybody else think that 'The Last Leg' summary programme is the mutt's nuts? Fronted by an Aussie comedian with a false leg and a young guy with (as he calls it) "hand trouble". Real squaddie humour p*ss taking - best thing on C4 for years!

Oberon305

Chairborne
Anybody else think that 'The Last Leg' summary programme is the mutt's nuts? Fronted by an Aussie comedian with a false leg and a young guy with (as he calls it) "hand trouble". Real squaddie humour p*ss taking - best thing on C4 for years!
Have only watched a couple of episodes, but yes, very funny stuff!

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..

Absolutely brillant. Adam Hills is very funny, so is Alex Booker (the guy with hand trouble, and like Adam also missing a leg). I love the conversation about losing procestic limbs, hilarious! Disabled Riding.. Is the rider disabled or the horse?? LOL

G

gemarriott

I have enjoyed these games, I think that Beijing was the start of turning them from a freak show into what they are now, excellent athletes beating disabilities. London has carried on with what Beijing started and to be honest I have enjoyed these more than the olympics.

Sports team of the year has to go to GB cycling, it looks to be the mutts nuts from riders up to the blazers at the top, great organisation from top to bottom providing quality in almost every event able bodied and disabled.

Knowing a fair few competitors has meant I have enjoyed it more than the Olympics.

I think the coverage has been very good It is far better than any other Paralympics coverage in the past. I don't think it can be knocked at all.

Sniffer

Super Moderator
"The last leg" has been a breath of fresh air to be honest. I particularly enjoyed the discussion regarding whether it is OK to punch a disabled person for being a kn0b. It was decided that if the level of kn0bbish'ness outweighs the level of disability then it is OK.

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Well, the Paralymics is nearly over too but there's one big showdown event left, the 400m final, Pistorius v Oliviera.
Who is it going to be? Looking forward to this.