• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Euro 2016

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Dier just stood there and watched!

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
A famous saying in another sport comes to mind with this team

" You don't score with 100% of the shots you don't take ! "

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
I think England were very lucky to come second in that game.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
I don't know why I feel so gutted - it happens every tournament. The domestic game has become so awash with money that these pampered primadonas just don't have the fire in their belly that the likes of Terry Butcher & Tony Adams had.

The likes of Kane & Sterling may be able to dazzle their 40,000 fans in the premier league, but when almost the whole nation gives a to$$, they fail to show up time after time after time. No doubt though, come mid-August, they'll be doing amazing things, scoring goals for fun and kissing the badge of whichever club will double their current salary.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I don't know why I feel so gutted - it happens every tournament. The domestic game has become so awash with money that these pampered primadonas just don't have the fire in their belly that the likes of Terry Butcher & Tony Adams had.

The likes of Kane & Sterling may be able to dazzle their 40,000 fans in the premier league, but when almost the whole nation gives a to$$, they fail to show up time after time after time. No doubt though, come mid-August, they'll be doing amazing things, scoring goals for fun and kissing the badge of whichever club will double their current salary.

I feel the opposite it's as if it's become the norm. We **** the qualifiers then struggle in the group stage, either only just qualifying or going home. Then we get kicked out in the qualifying stages. I heard we've never won a knockout match in the Euros outside England. Why does Germany consistently produce world class players and always reach finals or semi finals.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
My suggestion is that they stop taking England's team from the Premier league and start looking at youngsters from the lower leagues. They'll have something to prove and might take a little bit more interest in playing for their country.

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
This is my opinion now I've slept on it.

Overall the Icelanders are akin to a Championship or Div 1 type side in terms of quality and attitude. Players at this level tend to club each other off the park and I think this unnerved England's precious Premiership stock...At any point when an England player got the ball they had at least 2 Blue shirts on him and they were hacking away...England didn't seem to have an answer to that...plus when at least 2 blue shirts were on the ball carrier where was the white shirt that had to be in space? There seemed little movement off the ball by England, plenty of possession but staccato passing to people who then had no clue what to do with it except give another hospital pass to the first white shirt they saw.

Hodgson - Reputation inflated by an easy qualifying group got found out during not exactly the hardest group games to be fair...His tactical ineptitude and lack of a credible game plan was evident. When I saw Kane and Sterling starting last night I knew something bad was going to happen...they have been lambasted in the press for poor starts and the instant it started to go wrong their minds could well have been on what todays social media was going to say rather then winning a match.

Rooney - Wayne gets this glazed look at international level when its starts to go wrong...and he had it for the whole second half. He should have been swapped out from the 50th minute and some trust placed in the much talked about but bench warming youth...Its time to leave the England scene for this talisman of failure to allow a new team to be built around a new character.

Kane - free kicks and corners were diabolical but we stuck with him right up to being knocked out!

Sterling - Was it even a penalty? He'd lost control with his first touch but 'winning' the spot kick does not excuse a person of that terrifying price tag being unable to hang onto the ball, get in behind semi-pro defences and be the problem he is supposed to be for opposition teams.

Hart - You have one job...keep the ball out and that's twice in 4 games you have fluffed it. Time to go.

Dier - Watched the second ball go in and seemed to have lead boots on...

I could go on...but its a lack of passion that gets me...Just look at the physical mess the England rugby team are in post any of the 3 matches recently against Australia...battered and bleeding, barely able to put one foot in front of the other by full time...carrying unseen injuries but not wanting to be taken off because pride pushes them on...Where is that you round ball w@nkers?

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Why does Germany consistently produce world class players and always reach finals or semi finals.

Because they have pride in their nation, which is encouraged. We have spent a generation being told not to be proud of being English - in some areas, you cant even fly a flag for fear of offending someone. Bloke puts some england flags on his car and is labelled a racist. God knows what "Generation Offended" would think of the big red cross that had adorned my white dog's back for the past fortnight!

Past Engineering

Sergeant
Subscriber
Sorry to intrude on a subject that I would not go near with a barge pole, but I have never understood why, when you get a bunch of useless tossers who play as individuals rather than a team, that the manager is always at fault, surely the players andor captain should hold a good deal of the blame as well.

Anyway I am looking forward to seeing the result of Scotland V Malta to see if that match goes the same way i.e. Malta wins, however not knowing anything at all about football I have no idea how the Scottish team compare to England team.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Cheer up lads after defeat to Iceland on Monday we have the ASDA Aisle Aces on Wednesday and a TESCO trolley collectors 11 to play on Friday.:pDT_Xtremez_30:

Dier and bolical it was like Wales rugby losing to just the Western bit of Samoa instead of all of Samoa or Scotland in the 78 world cup losing 3-1 to Peru or only managing a 1-1 draw with the football might of Iran. Further back England losing 1-0 to the USA in the 50's. What a poor poor display last night not intent, no forward motion, to much sideway and backwards passing and no passion for the cause to55ers the lot of them.

Past Engineering

Sergeant
Subscriber
Anyone got any advice/comments on the question I asked of Scotland v Malta, as my wife fancies betting Malta will win with a Scottish family member and I wonder what the odds are.

Last edited:

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Anyone got any advice/comments on the question I asked of Scotland v Malta, as my wife fancies betting Malta will win with a Scottish family member and I wonder what the odds are.

Its a long way off but at the moment Scotland are odds on (2/5) and Malta 8/1. Scotland will win easily, Malta are not a footballing power in any way, unlike mighty Iceland.

Past Engineering

Sergeant
Subscriber
Thanks propersplitbrainme, I will let her know, as you can gather from my first post I really have no idea these days since I stopped supporting Stoke (Gordon Banks is the only one I remember) and Lincoln City (my home team), when I left school and joined up, never went to a live match.