• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ET’d and denied early exit ahead of MWT

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
In reality, no-one will check whether your being paid on the outside and if they did it would be too late to do anything about it.
As one ex-colleague said to me when I left the RAF: “The only people that need to know about your pay is the tax man - and he doesn’t really need to know!” (I did three months on double pay and the taxman caught that!)

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Same too, finished on Friday started the following week, no comeback no issues and more importantly nobody chased me for a up clothing deficiencies.

Last thing you want is stress at this time and the last thing the RAF should be doing is adding any.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
I just had to tick a box on my exit chit declaring I intended to work during my annual leave which I conveniently had rolling into my Terminal leave. I used a good portion of my Resettlement Leave (the bit you say you won't work in but we all know there's ways round that) in the way it was intended to be, but also had to deal with other shit at the time so my focus was split.

One thing to definitely make sure of though when you leave. Make it clear to the Taxman whether you want your pension to be main income or second income or they may decide that your new salary is second income and taxed as such. Personal experience.