• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ESCAPE for a TriStar...(or not)

sumps

Sergeant

Well that should [temporarily] ground the fleet! Nice - and they safety is a dirty word::p:
Haddon-Cave PtII starts here:pDT_Xtremez_15: (this is a test of rumour control - no action to be taken)

Last edited:

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
To hopefully re-assure those of you about to fly on one, it looks like it had already caught the girt bar (either on a fit test or an open and close cycle) you can see the door is not fully closed.

The safest way to get a partially tripped door raft off is to open the door and chuck it out. I have done it myself on more than one occasion (I normally left it all connected though so it did not make a big splat on the floor :) )

Weebl

Flight Sergeant

Yep, typical aircrew battering on about stuff they know next to nothing about (at least some of them are)

As for the bloke whining about taxpayers money I am sure if he gives his name to the 216 engineers they will give him a shout next time they have a partially deployed slideraft. He can them come and remove it 'safely' while not having a clue as to how close it is to firing. Same goes for the 'drop it onto a set of steps' comment. I have been left one like that by the other shift that did not know what to do with it.

I picked it back up off the steps, moved them out of the way and then hoyed it back out the door. Funny enough as somebody who knows the system very well and was paid to make decisions, that was my decision on the safest way to remove it before fitting a serviceable replacement. Granted, I never had one just fall to the floor, but knowing how you can sometimes have major issues getting the thing engaged/disengaged from the Girt bar (especially when it has already partially deployed) then it is understandable that it can happen.