• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Eric May, RIP

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
An ex-Cosford 40th entry Boy Entrant died the other day.
Eric May was a giant of a man, with a sense of humour to match. Following surgery on an aneurysm on Nov 4th, he was discharged home on the 12th and seemed to be making a good recovery. Sadly, Nature had not finished, for he complained of not feeling well that evening, was rushed to hospital, but passed away on the journey.

Condolences to Jane and the family.

[Sorry if I have made a mess of this]

Last edited:

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
No mate, you haven't made a mess of it, you've made it like it should be. Personal and from within.

R.I.P Mr May and condolences to his family.

TW

E

ex-B/E-Fairy

Eric May, RIP

Eric May, RIP

Eric May, what a larger than life character, the life and soul of our re-unions.
You will always be remembered, especially as the Jankers King.
Rest In Peace my old friend.
808 Mike, USA.

I only met him again since Cosford, at the 50th reunion this year, but, as usual, he left an indelible impression! Why do the "charismatic characters" leave us first? Rest in peace, Eric.

K

kernowmanb

MY friend of a lifetime

MY friend of a lifetime

Went to school with Eric in the RAF with Eric even have first posting with Eric ill miss you me long friend. Have wonderful memories of the last re union with you . You will be remembered always RIP

S

Snowie

Hello everyone. Technically I'm not really supposed to be here, but Eric was my dad and after reading all the lovely things that have been said about him here I wanted to register and thank you all. It's nice to read the memories you have of him. He is dearly missed by us all.

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Hello everyone. Technically I'm not really supposed to be here, but Eric was my dad and after reading all the lovely things that have been said about him here I wanted to register and thank you all. It's nice to read the memories you have of him. He is dearly missed by us all.

Snowie, me lad, you are more than welcome.
If any one of the 40th can help, let us know and we'll try.

Who could forget Eric's wonderful trick with the beret ? It was typical of him!