• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

England The Professionals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
So as a Scotsman I have to say that years ago I hated watching England especially during the Smug-git era of Will Carling. They used to believe that sometimes all they had to was turn up much to their embarassment some of the time.

But I must admit that they have come on leaps and bounds and are most probably now the team to beat in the Northern Hemisphere. Sure they won the 2003 WC but they were never smug or arrogant (Martin Johnson has always been a gent when interviewed) and proved themselves. The 2007 team now going into the 2008 team look efficient and powerful. They conduct themselves professionally both on and off the pitch.

Have England grown up in this professional era?

OOff Topic Never a Brian Moore fan as a player but as a commentator and summariser on the BBC 6 nations he hits the nail on the head on everytime in a game.

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
I'm watching the game and not enjoying much of what I am seeing; that's not just because I am Welsh.

Wales have forgotten that before you can do anything else you need to keep hold of the ball. 4 turnovers in the first 17 minutes set the scene for the game. On the other hand, England have failed spectacularly to capitalise on sloppy Welsh ball handling or we could have been looking at another record-breaking defeat.

As things stand at the moment I think tomorrow's game between Scotland and France may prove to be the championship decider.

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
I'm watching the game and not enjoying much of what I am seeing; that's not just because I am Welsh.

Wales have forgotten that before you can do anything else you need to keep hold of the ball. 4 turnovers in the first 17 minutes set the scene for the game. On the other hand, England have failed spectacularly to capitalise on sloppy Welsh ball handling or we could have been looking at another record-breaking defeat.

As things stand at the moment I think tomorrow's game between Scotland and France may prove to be the championship decider.

Brilliant backs TBJ. But the problem for Wales as you know is getting a World Class Front V that would allow class players like Martyn Williams, Phillips and Hook to perform. English forwards are grinding out a result.

Off Topic: Ireland/Italy game was dull!!!

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
I take it all back. And I put Lee Byrne into my fantasy league team this morning. 10 minutes to steal a result. Woohoo!

Edit: Damn. I chose Elissalde over Phillips. But I'm too happy to care!!!

Last edited:

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I just wish they'd shoot the producer who is making me miss chunks of the game with aerial shots, long shots and shots where the ball isn't...the ******

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Hee hee, I guess Gatland CAN choose a bloody team then !! :pDT_Xtremez_28:

Ospreys for triple crown and grand slam !!

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
WOT A SHOCKER!!!!! Eng 19 - Wal 26!!!

Restores the faith in the excitment of International Rugby.

Off topic of the thread already:pDT_Xtremez_42: !!!

LOL!!

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
I take it all back. And I put Lee Byrne into my fantasy league team this morning. 10 minutes to steal a result. Woohoo!

Edit: Damn. I chose Elissalde over Phillips. But I'm too happy to care!!!

I replaced James Hook with Ronan O'Gara to let patersen be my kicker :pDT_Xtremez_42:

Status
Not open for further replies.