• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Employment Board After Med Board

N

NORTHOLT EXILE

:pDT_Xtremez_34: Just been awarded a very sedentary med cat by the Med Board, this will now go forward to an employment board at HQ Air - i know how the employment piece works but am not sure what part the medics play in advising the employment board, or does the board just read the Med Board Report. ?

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
They read the med board and make a decision bearing it in mind with whatever other info they have on you.

Did they not explain this to you on your med board?

P

pie sandwich

:pDT_Xtremez_34: Just been awarded a very sedentary med cat by the Med Board, this will now go forward to an employment board at HQ Air - i know how the employment piece works but am not sure what part the medics play in advising the employment board, or does the board just read the Med Board Report. ?

I am unsure myself of how the employment board works, but from what you said about a sedentary med cat, be prepared to receive a Med discharge.

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
The employment board will have a complete medical report in front of them when they review your particular case. If at any time they feel that there is a need for any further information they'll contact the chaps at medical casework for advice to ensure that they have all the facts they need before making a decision on your future. As has already been stated; with a very low JMES already awarded, the likely outcome will be a medical discharge.

Soon To Leave

Proud To Serve
As someone in the same position, I can assure you a low JMES does not necessarily mean med discharge. If there is sedentary work available in your trade and your limitations don't prevent you from doing it, they will probably allow you to stay until your current engagement's exit point.

On the down-side, you won't normally be offered any extension to service, your options for posting and employment will be limited, prospects of promotion almost non-existent and you will be subject to regular reviews for continuation of employment.

MrMasher

Somewhere else now!
Subscriber
As someone in the same position, I can assure you a low JMES does not necessarily mean med discharge. If there is sedentary work available in your trade and your limitations don't prevent you from doing it, they will probably allow you to stay until your current engagement's exit point.

On the down-side, you won't normally be offered any extension to service, your options for posting and employment will be limited, prospects of promotion almost non-existent and you will be subject to regular reviews for continuation of employment.

Spot on.
I went through the process a few years ago and was offered to stay in until my next natural exit point.
You can get promoted but it severely limits where you could get promoted to, likewise a normal posting.

I'm glad I got fixed and upgraded though, I wouldn't fancy being downgraded in this day and age.

Good luck with it.

I am about to go through the same thing I think so am glad I found your post.

My med board is in May but currently I still cant run and could be a while before I can run to a good enough standard to complete an IRT course.

I see it could be hard for the Manning-Employment board to keep me, especially in the current climate of SDSR and redundancies.

Could you keep me informed either through pm or on here as to how you get on, its now on my mind where I am about to become a civvie.

I have been through the med board process and its very scary. As said above if you can be employed in your trade then they will try to keep you in. Main thing is dont worry though, the support you can get is good and you do end up with about four months pay while you get yourself on your feet. I was kept in and only have under four years to do. Good thing for me is three and a half of them are going to be in Cyprus.Good luck either way, in or out you will be fine.