• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ELCs

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Do new recruits get ELCs these days or is it only people who joined up years ago? Thanks.....

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Do you mean, is the scheme open to newly joined personnel? I believe so but they have to complete 4 years eligible service before they can claim the first tier.

Last edited:

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Yes I mean is the scheme offered and open to newly joined personnel. ....

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Yes I mean is the scheme offered and open to newly joined personnel. ....

Right, I'm pretty sure its ongoing from when you and I were first able to register. Its part of the Learning Forces initiative, in fact there's a whole website on it here...

http://www.raf.mod.uk/raflearningforces/

Third paragraph says..

We also provide finance to all of our RAF personnel in the form of SLC and ELC,

Last edited:

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
Just because I'm not the only K.O.S a brief explanation of ELC's would be appreciated Thank you kind sir :pDT_Xtremez_31:

Standard learning credits - small amount of dosh you can claim each financial year to go towards course fees.

Enhanced learning credits - bigger lumps of dosh you can claim in a couple of bites which extend to after you have left the service.

One of the best schemes to have been brought in for many a year.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Standard learning credits - small amount of dosh you can claim each financial year to go towards course fees.

Enhanced learning credits - bigger lumps of dosh you can claim in a couple of bites which extend to after you have left the service.

One of the best schemes to have been brought in for many a year.

And whilst you're in, your chosen study needs to be of benefit to the service (ie an Engineer like myself would choose an appropriate Engineering Qualification). Once you have left, you have 10yrs to use them but they can be used for whatever you like.

FOGHORN LEGHORN

Sergeant
ELCs

My degree has cost me £200. My cousins exact same degree cost her over £50000 in student loans, fees etc

Same university too and finish in the same year...