• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

EDCL Course

8:15fromOdium

Sergeant
ECDL is Free

ECDL is Free

The ECDL qualification is free for all service personnel through the DELCs.

From the DELC website-Since 9th October 2006 ECDL has been centrally funded for Service Personnel (Navy, Army, RAF) and Civil Servants. In order to benefit from centrally funded ECDL, Civil Servants and members of the armed forces simply go to a MEMC centre. The verifier will issue new candidates with a unique registration number which entitles them to complete ECDL with BCS User Level 1 and 2. No payment will be taken.

further details at:

http://www.delc.co.uk/memc/register.htm

If your PLA/TDO doesn't know this give them a shoeing - they're wasting a lot of money.

What does DELC stand for? maybe I can claim it back then. All I know is the learning centre said you couldnt use ELC for it; i`ll have a word with them and show them what you said.

C

Chuffybum

I definitely intend applying for an ECDL course. Unlike some guys who have posted here and said it's a total waste of space, I have to disagree. For a few months now I have been looking at the vacancies in the local papers and quite a few employers have been asking for ECDL qualifications. The way I see it is if I going to get it for free or at a hugely discounted price then why not, you never know when it may become useful in the future do you?