• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

E7 Wedgetail Announced As Replacement For E3

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
8 less crew than on a standard E3 mission crew. Losing the Eng and Nav is two but I wonder if this could be the death knell of the Airborne Tech?

ninjarabbi

Warrant Officer
8 less crew than on a standard E3 mission crew. Losing the Eng and Nav is two but I wonder if this could be the death knell of the Airborne Tech?

That’s crazy talk Vim. Who on earth would make the tea and coffee for the real aircrew? :pDT_Xtremez_28:

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

Are they counting the ATs as crew in the PR bumpf?

Allflapnofly

Corporal
I assume they will install an FR probe as well as the US boom receptacle type thingy?.......Which it will allow it to stay up longer, therefore more 'yom yom' rations for the airborne formation eating team.....

I actually like the look of the wedge tail......Boeing must be rubbing their hands with glee......Rivetty Joint Rivet, Poseidon Sub hunter maritime search thingy, and now the wedgy tail.....and all sporting the RAF Roundel.....KERCHING!.....

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Nope, AT's will be alive and well on Rivet Joint.

They will but not on Wedgetail as I checked with someone flying on them out in Oz...no airborne Frotters.

Last edited:

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
I assume they will install an FR probe as well as the US boom receptacle type thingy?.......Which it will allow it to stay up longer, therefore more 'yom yom' rations for the airborne formation eating team.....

I actually like the look of the wedge tail......Boeing must be rubbing their hands with glee......Rivetty Joint Rivet, Poseidon Sub hunter maritime search thingy, and now the wedgy tail.....and all sporting the RAF Roundel.....KERCHING!.....

Don’t forget the C17, Apache and Chinook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk