• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Drifting.

ady eflog

Harrier Mafia
1000+ Posts
Drifting probably has some of the strictest rules in motorsport, it has to be done by 19-25 year old in a jap rear wheel drive, in a car park (normally Toys-r-us) withing 500m of a McDonalds.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Drifting probably has some of the strictest rules in motorsport, it has to be done by 19-25 year old in a jap rear wheel drive, in a car park (normally Toys-r-us) withing 500m of a McDonalds.

You forgot that they have to wear a baseball hat back to front with the name of a team they've never heard of on it :pDT_Xtremez_15:

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
You forgot that they have to wear a baseball hat back to front with the name of a team they've never heard of on it :pDT_Xtremez_15:

That is only to keep the woodpeckers away from the softest part of their bonces !

dkh51250

Sergeant
Totally agree Barch. I had the unfortunate experience of being in the back of an ambulance that was driven in that fashion. The only redeeming feature was being accompanied by a couple of Filipino nurses.

SORRY CJ

Flight Sergeant
Another version of Saudi Drifting.......Brave? Idiots? Funny? or All THREE.

Mr SCJ

Last edited:

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
It's an International sport which has rapidly gained in popularity in the last few years or so. To be fair, it takes great skill and done properly, a fair old fat wallet.

Odie

Sergeant
Missing out on what? Driving like a cock for the amusement of teenagers, not my idea of a decent spectator motor sport.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Missing out on what? Driving like a cock for the amusement of teenagers, not myidea of a decent spectator motor sport.
As*ready stated, it's an international attracting some good sponsors. Admittedly not in the same league as say BTCC but a properly organised event can be good entertainment.

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
Missing out on what? Driving like a cock for the amusement of teenagers, not my idea of a decent spectator motor sport.

Drifting is not my cup of tea either, too subjective and the results can be skewed because the winner is judged by a panel not by who crosses the line first, although it can be a bit of a laugh to watch for a while.

And if you think it is about driving like a cock you could not be more wrong. Holding a 4 wheel slide is not easy, and try to do it like a cock and you will either spin or hit the Armco.

sp4rks

SAC
Did it in an LDV once on my way to work with the shift, not deliberately mind it was icy, held it round the roundabout though, got a round of applause. **** me up good and proper though seeing cars coming onto the roundabout and no way to stop, foot flat on the floor lets get round it stylee. Stupid thing is it was warm outside and we weren't expecting ice, it was everywhere.