• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dodgy Charities

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nations-spent-just-15-000-helping-people.html

"Afghan Heroes charity to close after it raked in £555,000 in donations but spent just £15,000 helping people"

I know it's the Mail but even if the numbers are half right it's a rip off. No doubt it was started with the highest of intentions but to contribute so little to the cause from so much collected doesn't sit well. I wouldn't be shocked to find there are other smaller organisations operating with a similar profile still out there.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Is it just me, or do some of these charities set up by grieving parents to 'remember' their lost child by end up being a cash cow for the founder and badly run/investigated/shut down?

A bit general, but yes I agree there are/will be some set up by concerned relatives or well meaning groups that fail to live up to the lofty ideals for which they were created. Allegations of donations being skimmed off and leading the "charity" to be badly run/investigated/shut down.

Met the support the heroes collectors in Stafford, quite aggressive in there rustling up support methods, I duly ignored them to met with shouts of here's one that doesn't support the country and its troops !

forcibly rammed down his throat was 30 years service and only 5 weeks earlier had I returned from Basra having been subjected to live fire and a roadside bomb attempt at that.

hate these types of oxygen thieves and outright fookin Noshers

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
When you see them pull,out your phone and start taking a few pictures of their faces...see how they react and that'll tell you instantly how Kisha they are...then post them on here and arrse as it seems to be the same people doing it, getting caught and after a short period of lurking doing it again.

Cooheed

Unicus
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Tin rattlers get nothing from me. Silent ones on chairs/tables do, whatever their cause.

Martin Blank

Sergeant
Grips my sh#t, that's why I'm part of the Armed Forces Bikers Charity, no paid commitee or collectors the only fee's they take out of the money is the fee for the accountant to ensure the books are correct for the Carities Commision.
Even then his money comes from merchandise sales, all the rest 100% or more if you gift aid it goes in grants to veterans in need. It's not just about splashing out cash they actually provide things people need, housing deposits/bonds, white goods, adapted vehicles for disabled riders/drivers and much more.
Check them out here, www.armedforcesbikers.co.uk