• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Do Not abuse MSCU.....

Wobbly_Jon

Corporal
Just to hammer it home!!!
The MCSU guys and gals have made my life a little more bearable on freezing wet and cold days and nights and in the hot, sandy and sweaty places over the years. They do a great job in sheite conditions and to be honest a damned sight better job than some of the Mess's in the UK.

MCSU gets my vote every time, in fact I've reamed some of the prissy b'stards for bitching about the MCSU's

I

Inch High PI

MCSU were absolutely top when I have had the pleasure to tuck into their grub on exercises and ops. The best time was Ex African Shield in Pretoria in 2003, big fook off steaks every night. I think there was only 4 or 5 chefs there feeding the all the guys and girls on the exercise.

R

Rustysdad

Nice To Know

Nice To Know

Top Posts guys and many thanks. For years we had to endure the rate busters tag as we turned up certain jet Sqns resented us being out there as we impinged on their pay but hey, WTF! At least you got decent scran. ps Want to **** off a Chef? Call him Cookie(I'm not a biscuit), Whistle for attention (signing yr own death warrant). ask whats for scoff (Frankie Bough) or call the mess a cookhouse. Either way, Armegeddon!

BJW

Corporal
I first worked with MCSU when they were based at Watlington and parented by Benson in 1977; I was storing tents and other associated tactical sh!t on the adjacent ASU. A great bunch of guys to get to know on my first tour and had many good lunch time sessions in the Hare & Hounds in Watlington village with them. The first OC was a terrific guy by the name of WO (Dave?) Hedges who set the whole tone for the unit which has carried on ever since.

BRH

LAC
MCSU at Watlington

MCSU at Watlington

I was a sac at Watlington during that period, the WO at the time was Jim Hedger one of the best bosses I ever worked for. He is still going strong a still manages a game of golf.all the MCSU guys of that period still keep in contact with each other and try to have reunions each year.

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
They call themselfs 3 MCS now...

Rebranded etc along with pretty much most of the RAF (Apart from actual Sqn's). Some change their name dependent on what bloody colour of socks they happen to be wearing that week.....

A cracking little unit though. :pDT_Xtremez_28:

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Rebranded etc along with pretty much most of the RAF

Rebranded and slashed in numbers. 3MCS is nowhere near as large as MCSU was. However, they are a cracking bunch of lads and lasses, with an excellent set of managers who are very pro-field catering, and do a damned good job in making things as pleasant as possible for their customers.

stereolab

Station Cashier
Rebranded etc along with pretty much most of the RAF (Apart from actual Sqn's). Some change their name dependent on what bloody colour of socks they happen to be wearing that week.....

A cracking little unit though. :pDT_Xtremez_28:

Do we have a 1 and 2 MCS?

However, they are a cracking bunch of lads and lasses, with an excellent set of managers who are very pro-field catering, and do a damned good job in making things as pleasant as possible for their customers.

Couldn't agree more. Their food tents have been a bastion of morale on some of the ****tiest exercises / dets I've been on ... they put a lot of 'proper' messes I've eaten in to shame!