• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Diversity

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
My public sector organisation has quite a large Ethnic workforce. The perception amongst my group of managers is that it is pointless taking disciplinary action against any transgressor from that group as you will not be supported by the senior leaders as the individual will play the race card every step of the way.

Looking at some of the individuals who have managed to hang onto their jobs, I can see why this perception is rife - an individual has managed to keep his job after being convicted of drink driving, possession of drugs, driving without tax/insurance and then lying to the police about who he was.

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
My public sector organisation has quite a large Ethnic workforce. The perception amongst my group of managers is that it is pointless taking disciplinary action against any transgressor from that group as you will not be supported by the senior leaders as the individual will play the race card every step of the way.

Looking at some of the individuals who have managed to hang onto their jobs, I can see why this perception is rife - an individual has managed to keep his job after being convicted of drink driving, possession of drugs, driving without tax/insurance and then lying to the police about who he was.
Much kudos to Busby, he'll stand up and make a coherent argument.

Edited. Please keep it civil.

Busby I'll listen to all day.

Last edited by a moderator:

StickyFingers

Sergeant

Therein lies one of the biggest problems with this mindset.

As the proud owner of a "Protected Characteristic" I can see how easy it would be to use it as armour to deflect from my own inadequacies or discipline. I find people who build their personality around their PC are the ones you get all this trouble from
"Is it because I am 'X'?" and the woke virtue signalling vocal minority are enabling it.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
We all have protected characteristics and any organisation that plays fair doesn’t need to worry about a ’PC red card‘ beihg chucked in their face, because that’s not going to be an issue in the vast majority of cases, a bit like the way employees chuck in a grievance when they get to the end of their disciplinary chain and are about to start a bit of forced free time.

A lot of ex forces people, and people in general to be honest, think that when people do bad things in their private life then their employer should do something about it as well. Following the ‘So What’ principle unless the issue has an impact on how they do or permitted to do their day job then punishment is up to the police and CPS, not your general manager or HR bod. The amount of concerned emails I used to get when I worked in the food industry was quite surprising and apart from one social media post (used the Company logo and pictures of sex toys in the same image) I never felt the need to take action, even then it was an informal chat and the image was brought down within an hour of it going up (that’s how fast someone’s ‘friend‘ will snitch on them).

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
We all have protected characteristics and any organisation that plays fair doesn’t need to worry about a ’PC red card‘ beihg chucked in their face, because that’s not going to be an issue in the vast majority of cases, a bit like the way employees chuck in a grievance when they get to the end of their disciplinary chain and are about to start a bit of forced free time.

A lot of ex forces people, and people in general to be honest, think that when people do bad things in their private life then their employer should do something about it as well. Following the ‘So What’ principle unless the issue has an impact on how they do or permitted to do their day job then punishment is up to the police and CPS, not your general manager or HR bod. The amount of concerned emails I used to get when I worked in the food industry was quite surprising and apart from one social media post (used the Company logo and pictures of sex toys in the same image) I never felt the need to take action, even then it was an informal chat and the image was brought down within an hour of it going up (that’s how fast someone’s ‘friend‘ will snitch on them).
If they work for the Home Office, handling personal information as part of public protection, then a conviction for perverting the course of justice isn't a "so what" principle in my book....

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
If they work for the Home Office, handling personal information as part of public protection, then a conviction for perverting the course of justice isn't a "so what" principle in my book....
Don’t disagree with you, he’s obviously copying the (former) local MP‘s behaviour.