• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Diversity courses to disappear?

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
It may have changed over time, however, certain areas and most areas at certain times were known to be challenging down south, if the court found the Corporal not proven then there will be more to this story than the one sided explanation given by one side of the interaction.

It seems a shame that one event seems to have ruined this guys entire service.
It may have been the straw that broke the camel's back after being the poster boy for the RAF. I served with the first Asian FJ pilot and I also served with the first female FJ pilot. Both of them were wheeled out at every opportunity to promote diversity. I am pretty certain that both would have been much happier just getting on with what they had been trained to do.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
We were told even during my time in the mob that the services had to reflect society, and that was assumed to mean that we would become more multi-cultural (although in my experience we weren't far off in reality even then), that we would become more accepting of a range of sexualities and that a relatively rigid hierarchy would be replaced by leadership based on teamwork and ability for the job in hand. The result would be a fairer, more just and, above all, better military.

Unfortunately, over time although we have seen some of that come to pass, we have also seen the services to some extent also reflecting the less desirable (but nonetheless growing) elements of society at large - a 'me' culture instead of a team culture, a culture where people feel able to lash out if they are dissatisfied with their lot, where self discipline isn't instilled by the early & consistent application of 'external' discipline and where it's always someone else's fault if things go wrong.