• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Diplomatic Plates

norfolkred1

Sergeant
I am more than happy to report but to whom to. I did ask the same question a few years ago on the Goat, no doutb the local Bill would be lost. Also what are the Diplomatic rules, is it still 15 miles from the Capital but beyond is fair game..

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Perhaps our resident police moderator could explain why we should report the sighting of diplomatic plates.

Barch

Grim Reaper 2016
1000+ Posts
I wish I could get hold of a pair of CD plates for my car.

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer
Perhaps our resident police moderator could explain why we should report the sighting of diplomatic plates.
Not on here I won't 😉
I'm not in that game anymore either so not even sure it's still in effect which is why he needs to go see good local PS section for up to date info.

FootTapper

Sergeant
I am more than happy to report but to whom to. I did ask the same question a few years ago on the Goat, no doutb the local Bill would be lost. Also what are the Diplomatic rules, is it still 15 miles from the Capital but beyond is fair game..

I did it once. After speaking to the PC on the desk, who then got the Sgt, I realised I'd wasted 20 minutes of my life...

"So let me be clear here, sir, you either wish to make a complaint or you don't?"

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
I did it once. After speaking to the PC on the desk, who then got the Sgt, I realised I'd wasted 20 minutes of my life...

"So let me be clear here, sir, you either wish to make a complaint or you don't?"

Exactly. As I have no idea of the relevance of a diplomatic plated car driving along our national road network, then I wont be spending a nano-second of my life reporting them.

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
Popped into see the PS section, took all of 2 mins. Gave them reg, car details and where I saw it. They are very interested in all sightings as it feeds into national int picture.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
In the 21st Century, where ANPR is deployed all over the UK, there isn't a cat in hells chance of a diplomat going anywhere in their car without the authorities being aware. Even Channel 4 can track a fugitive down, so MI5 would be all over it like a rash.

I propose these military police who are co-ordinating this "bigger picture" are redeployed to man some barrier gate, where their efforts would be better served. 😉

dctyke

Corporal
Good luck finding a police station that's open these days. As already alluded with modern tech the old ways are at best for morale and feel good factor.

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
In the 21st Century, where ANPR is deployed all over the UK, there isn't a cat in hells chance of a diplomat going anywhere in their car without the authorities being aware. Even Channel 4 can track a fugitive down, so MI5 would be all over it like a rash.

I propose these military police who are co-ordinating this "bigger picture" are redeployed to man some barrier gate, where their efforts would be better served. 

ANPR isn't everywhere in the country. North of Perth with the exception of the A9 it isn't widely employed with the apart from inside police cars.

Good luck finding a police station that's open these days. As already alluded with modern tech the old ways are at best for morale and feel good factor.

Thankfully the RAFP section is open 24/7 :pDT_Xtremez_14:

chiprafp

Geek Scuffer

I propose these military police who are co-ordinating this "bigger picture" are redeployed to man some barrier gate, where their efforts would be better served. 😉
The fact you think this is a military police thing shows your bias getting the better of you.
As many know we have techies to do the gates for us now thankfully.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
As many know we have techies to do the gates for us now thankfully.

That's because techies don't get confused with the up and down buttons and they don't need a dog to check ID's for them!:pDT_Xtremez_15: