• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dental problems when leaving the Mob

Chaka

Sergeant
Just some advice if your due to leave Aunty Bettys service.

All I can say is good luck trying to get an NHS Tooth Doctor in Civvie street, no fecking chance! The only way is to go Private, and spend some of your Pension.::D:

Also, the RAF Tooth Doctor won't treat you within 3 months of discharge for complicated stuff in case it over runs into your civvy time. Top tip, get your ass down to the Tooth Fairy and get all the work before you hit this point.:pDT_Xtremez_14:

B

Beerofund

Chaka

Thats pretty pi$$ poor. We serve our time and get treated not better than prisoners. Thanks for the advice though Im sure many will heed it.

Beerofund

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
's very true!

I still haven't found anywhere that little gem was written in my discharge papers.

I virtually staged a sit-in at Colt when a filling fell out while I was on Terminal Leave - and had to make them do a Filling there and then!.

Dentists are a particularly "NHS unionised" bunch who will quote the rules quicker than the door slams shut.

Get all your teeth problems started at least a year before your due out and make sure you get a "Proper" dental before you leave - they won't want to deal with you at all after three months prior to your exit.

At the current state, it will be many YEARS to your next Dental Inspection.

sausage2

Decorated war hero
Administrator
1000+ Posts
I fail to see what the problem is, all you need to do in preparation for leaving the service is the same as SirPeterHardingslovechild, and simply have all your teeth removed.

Chaka

Sergeant
Obviously my original Post does not apply to WOs or AVOs falseys.:pDT_Xtremez_14:

Sorry for any confusion caused.::D: