• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Definition of the word ' Kakistocracy'

OldLeckie

LAC
With the service seemingly unable to train sufficient numbers of new aircrew and maintain much more that minimal a/c serviceability, the CAS apparently thinks it more important to deploy his minions to celebrate Hindu religious festivals on behalf of the Royal Airforce, rather that sort out the obvious and well publicised clusterfucks.
Sad, we have become a politically correct , virtue signalling kakistocracy ( which for the benefit of the riggers amongst us means ‘ a state or society governed by its least suitable or competent citizens’)
Next they will be telling us not to be beastly to the Russians.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
I don’t have a problem with these tweets, however, I do partially agree with descriptor, there seems to be a quite few people out there with more influence than their grasp of reality, common sense and intelligence suggests they should have.

Although there does appear to be a bit of a fight back starting to happen.

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
With the service seemingly unable to train sufficient numbers of new aircrew and maintain much more that minimal a/c serviceability, the CAS apparently thinks it more important to deploy his minions to celebrate Hindu religious festivals on behalf of the Royal Airforce, rather that sort out the obvious and well publicised clusterfucks.
Sad, we have become a politically correct , virtue signalling kakistocracy ( which for the benefit of the riggers amongst us means ‘ a state or society governed by its least suitable or competent citizens’)
Next they will be telling us not to be beastly to the Russians.

Well that was a difficult wank.

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Actually I struggle to see much wrong with this. Diwali is a major festival with similarities to Christmas - lots of family & friends gathering, lots of food shared and party time. (where I work, some of the Hindu staff brought in food for us all to graze...) The Hindus & Sikhs have often fought alongside us, even where the theatre wasn't obviously of concern to the Indians - the Western Front in WW1, for example - and I know still serve with distinction. So I don't find it unreasonable to send those personnel an appropriate seasonal message in just the same way as those of us with a (at least notional) Christian background get messages at Christmas or Easter.

And, let's be honest, sometimes Airships are better off doing things like this instead of interfering in more important matters like running the RAF :D :D

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
I note that there is no RAF participation with tonight’s events across the western world….possibly a bit too pagan and scary for CAS’s attention?

I am joking of course…

Oldstacker

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
I note that there is no RAF participation with tonight’s events across the western world….possibly a bit too pagan and scary for CAS’s attention?

I am joking of course…
If you mean the American trash retail fest of Halloween then it is not a religious festival. If you mean the Christian festival of All Hallows Eve then maybe a padre somewhere is doing something...

Rocket_Ronster

You ain`t seen me.
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
If you mean the American trash retail fest of Halloween then it is not a religious festival. If you mean the Christian festival of All Hallows Eve then maybe a padre somewhere is doing something...
My point exactly in post #3.

Cornish_Pikey

Sergeant
The americans seem to be too scared to knock on each others doors for free sweets (candy) these days. the vision that the Classic Spielberg movie ET gave us sadly doesn't seem to exist. .

Trunk or treat is the latest downgrading of the Halloween. Church car parks with rows of cars with people giving each other free sweets.

Very disappointed with the whole halloween shitshow in the USA.

Very dissapointed with the USA in general. The more I go the less I want to go.