• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Daz Flowers, ex Armourer, Ex 5131 sqn

FootTapper

Sergeant
It is with great sadness I read this morning that the name of the Army lad killed at Basrah palace has been released as L/Cpl Timothy Darren "Daz" Flowers

Unusual to put a brown job in here - but a few guys here will have known Daz.

(never, ever call him Timothy - being threatened by a man with a strong Northern Irish accent sends shivers down your spine...)

Daz was killed in Basrah palace by an indirect fire attack.

I met Daz on 5131 (BD) Sqn in 2002 - back then he was SAC Daz Flowers - the flame haired northern irishman with big brown eyes and and accent that seemed to melt knicker elastic. Fortunately I don't wear knickers, but I saw the effect he had on others...

Daz used to pretend to be a thick paddy - he'd happily let people go on thinking he was just a crazy alcoholic armourer (ok he was) but he had a brain like a razor - he was the perfect guy to have stood next to you at the quiz machine, although his knowledge of musicals was a little suspicious...

Daz and I spent many a happy week up on a job staying in B&B just outside nottingham - I'm sure the queen was paying us for something productive during the day, but I'll never remember as he "made" me go out drinking with him in Nottingham every night.

Mind you it wasn't just Nottingham, he made me do it in Bicester as well... (I remember having to run out of a pub called "The Pioneer" after I'd offended a 7' tall pioneer with a "grave digger" comment - Daz got me out of the door in one piece and I'll never know how...

Daz was a genuinely friendly guy - he spoke his mind, sometimes a little too loudly, often with excess profanity.

When he left the RAF he needed a lift from Wittering to go down to bognor - I happily offered to move him and kit. He insisted on me staying for bank holidy weekend at Butlin's as a last drink together. I really have no idea what happened that weekend, I just remember a lass with no pants...

After leaving the RAF (he'd got bored and wasn't actually getting to do his job as much as he'd like) I know he signed up to the Army - I knew full well he'd progress, he had a very sharp mind but an ability not to make people feel threatened by his intelligence - he'd also be able to show a few people the meaning of hard work.

The news tells me that Daz had put in to leave the army and was doing this as his final operational tour. I've just seen on the news the name being released - although *No-one* would ever really know him as Timothy Flowers - I always remember him telling me what his first name was, and swearing me to secrecy on it!

Once a Plumber, always a Plumber - and he was a true Plumber.

Daz old friend, there aren't enough virgins in heaven to keep you occupied, tear the place up for me.

Rest in Peace fella.

W

wgaf

Top eulogy FootTapper, nicely done.
Sounds like he was a top lad.
RIP.

wobbly

E-goat Head *****
Administrator
I second that wgaf, Nice one FT.

_44014598_timothyflowers_203.jpg

Rest In Peace

:pDT_Xtremez_38:

Last edited:
W

Wonky Tonka

Saddened to hear of his passing.

Daz and i went through basic training together and I remember some of the antics that he got up to whilst we were at Cosford.

He'll be deeply missed.

RIP Mate.

FootTapper

Sergeant
cheers for putting the pic up - as soon as I read the name I knew it was Daz, but then spent half an hour searching for a news site that had the pic. I couldn't believe how much it still shocked me when I saw it. Not sure how old or new the pic was - but that cheesy grin is how I'll always remember Daz.

A top lad, he was missed on EOD when he left, and I'm sure he's missed from his current unit already.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
FootTapper, that was a very touching eulogy clearly from the heart too. Commiserations to Daz's family and to you guys who knew him well. As wgaf said, sounds like he was a top lad.

R.I.P

the_crab

SAC
right from the heart FT...........only met him once or twice one of life's true gents.

RIP Daz, condolences to family and friends.