• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cyprus - Ayia Napa

555maverick

Hello

I'm looking at booking a holiday to Ayia Napa but wondered if RAF troops are allowed out there. I'm aware UK troops aren't the favourite people after reading recent news stories about the soldiers who were aquitted. Any info would be great,

cheers

The Bowmeister

Darkside Jedi Master
Hello

I'm looking at booking a holiday to Ayia Napa but wondered if RAF troops are allowed out there. I'm aware UK troops aren't the favourite people after reading recent news stories about the soldiers who were aquitted. Any info would be great,

cheers
If you are going on your Hols you are a CIVVY aren't you, bit like not being able to go to Dublin.
Just leave your I.D card at home or find somewhere better to go.

K

k9138

Hello

cheers

Last I heard it was just troops based in Cyprus - A phone call to your rafp (CI section or whatever they call themselves now) will give you the up to date gen.

Ayia Napa is a **** hole anyway so unless your going to be leathered 24 hours a day I wouldn't bother going......

And don't mention your forces while your there - the majority of the Cypriots don't like the forces in the summer as they have enough trade from 'civi tourists' and only tolerate them in the winter as they are the only ones there spending the money.:pDT_Xtremez_15:

Mad Pierre

Corporal
I stayed in Napa 2 years ago on one of those nostalgia visits.
Had many a fantastic time there between 83 and 86, full of Scandinavian tourists it was......

20 years later and it was full of drunken 16 year old Brit boys trying to start fights because they'd been blown out by drunken 16 year old Brit girls who just wanted to dance on the bar tops and be the centre of attention. The centre of the village was crowded with bar touts thrusting their crap entry tickets promising a free drink of vodka laden cheap orange fizz and desperately acting like they needed punching.

To be fair you guys in Cyprus are missing very little by being banned, in my day a ban would have meant mutiny.

K

k9138

You could always come and stay in Paphos. We have an international airport here only 15 mins from the town centre.

Alan

True and the tourists there may actually be old enough to drink. Don't get me wrong - I love some parts of Cyprus - Ayia Napa is not one of them. Last thing you want on your stroll down to the beach in the morning is to wade through the night before's pee and puke (among other things) covering the streets.......

planesailing

Always a Liney
Ayia Napa

Ayia Napa

Unless you are an 18-30 club member avoid ayia napa, its the pits for family hols.
Paphos is your best bet, a typical family holiday destination, Limmasol if you want night life.

hire a car.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Had cause to visit Protarus last month...it wasn't bad at all...

Mad Pierre

Corporal
Yes, during my stay in Napa I spent a couple of nights in Protaras, reminded me of the old style Napa I used to play in, although nowhere near enough Swedish women.

555maverick

cheers guys. think i may look at Paphos and see what deals i can get!

firestorm

Warrant Officer
Last I heard it was just troops based in Cyprus - A phone call to your rafp (CI section or whatever they call themselves now) will give you the up to date gen.

Ayia Napa is a **** hole anyway so unless your going to be leathered 24 hours a day I wouldn't bother going......

And don't mention your forces while your there - the majority of the Cypriots don't like the forces in the summer as they have enough trade from 'civi tourists' and only tolerate them in the winter as they are the only ones there spending the money.:pDT_Xtremez_15:

Who's going to know unless you spend your hols telling anyone who'll listen that you're in the RAF?
Just go and enjoy.
Ayia Napa central is a bit chavy but further along the beach its quite nice and a lot quieter.
Nissi Beach is more upmarket.