• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cuts now to deep

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts

Late & Tired

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Don't you just love it when these Previous or Prior ex top-brass now have the bllas to come out and speak when their time is up and the pension is safe?
Huge Respect...

vim_fuego

Hung Like a Baboon.
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Its quite easy to currently gloss over the state of our equipment and manpower and to distract by pointing wildly at the new stuff coming in like the carriers, F35 and P8A however, the existing stuff that will support and fight alongside these new assets is largely fecked....and whilst its assessable as a period of peace time for us when the sh1t hits the fan again, and it will, the public will get to see and read about serviceability and readiness levels that are being currently being fudged by those seeking progression.

SAXAVORDIAN

Sergeant
Wessex or ouch my ear if you did rotors turning refuelling gone, Gazelle or mind yah head if you did rotors turning refuelling gone. Nimrod or the flying white elephant. Shackleton or forty thousand rivets in flying formation. Buccaneers and the lovely Harriers to Jaguars gone. I don't know why, but I like Jaguar fighter, never based there though but fondly seeing one the Lossie hanger.

unruly1986

Sergeant
Decent bloke, straight talker. The only minister I can remember asking about the welfare of the troops on the ground during some top brass meetings.