• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket World Cup

• Thread starter Homer's Right Hand Man
  • Start date

Cricket World Cup

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we can take the time for a re-think of our match tactics, core players and management now...

How about attacking the powerplays, not allowing an out of form skipper to announce himself fit and selfishly keep more in form batsmen out of the team (Loy et al), Drop Flintoff down the order and treat him as a pure bowler for a bit, never let Mahmood wear an England shirt again and maybe most controversially of all try life without Peterson for a bit...He may be a great batsmen at times but is he a team player and is he any good for the squad?

Maybe we can take the time for a re-think of our match tactics, core players and management now...

How about attacking the powerplays, not allowing an out of form skipper to announce himself fit and selfishly keep more in form batsmen out of the team (Loy et al), Drop Flintoff down the order and treat him as a pure bowler for a bit, never let Mahmood wear an England shirt again and maybe most controversially of all try life without Peterson for a bit...He may be a great batsmen at times but is he a team player and is he any good for the squad?

Agree with most of what you say Vim but dropping Pieterson would be a HUGE mistake; he's the only world class player we've got!! Trescothick was a huge loss at the top of the order and Loye was the nearest man to him - should have played!

Right.....

A new coach (but I don't know who, before this tournament I would have said Bob Woolmer).

New captains - Paul Collingwood for ODIs, Andrew Strauss for Tests. This may release Vaughan to regain the form that saw him become the world's leading Test run scorer in the year before he took over from Nasser Hussain.

Drop Michael Vaughan from ODIs - he's a Test batsman, limited overs does not suit him.

Drop Kevin Pietersen. The tendencies he displayed in his penultimate season with Nottinghamshire are now all too evident with England. He is world class, of that there is no doubt, the No 1 player in the world. But he's not a team player, and the words of Glenn McGrath are large in my mind, something along the lines of he'd rather be playing in the No 1 team than be the No 1 player. When he's realised that actually he is not bigger than the three lions on his chest and he's smashing bowlers to all parts of Hampshire then bring him back.

Drop Andrew Flintoff. Woefully out of form - go back to Lancashire buddy and sort yourself out. You'll be back before the end of the summer, I'll wager.

Paul Nixon, despite a great second half of the winter, is not the future. The appallingly treated Chris Read is.

Drop Sajid Mahmood - from ODI's. I still believe he is a Test bowler.

Drop James Anderson, bring in Stuart Broad.

The mention of the name Steve Harmison should be punishable by a public flogging in the middle of the square.

Bring back Banger.

Rob Key never, at any point, suddenly became a bad player.

Mark Ealham can still do a job for us in this summer's ODI's. If Paul Nixon can get a game, why not Ealham?

There surely can be no way back for the King of Spain, in the light of Monty Panesar's performances.

Just a few thoughts. I'm far from done, but my cup doth not runneth over - I need some tea.

Anyone going to be at Trent Bridge on Sunday to see the Outlaws hammer the Tykes all over the county :pDT_Xtremez_28: ?

Right.....

A new coach (but I don't know who, before this tournament I would have said Bob Woolmer).

New captains - Paul Collingwood for ODIs, Andrew Strauss for Tests. This may release Vaughan to regain the form that saw him become the world's leading Test run scorer in the year before he took over from Nasser Hussain.

Drop Michael Vaughan from ODIs - he's a Test batsman, limited overs does not suit him.

Drop Kevin Pietersen. The tendencies he displayed in his penultimate season with Nottinghamshire are now all too evident with England. He is world class, of that there is no doubt, the No 1 player in the world. But he's not a team player, and the words of Glenn McGrath are large in my mind, something along the lines of he'd rather be playing in the No 1 team than be the No 1 player. When he's realised that actually he is not bigger than the three lions on his chest and he's smashing bowlers to all parts of Hampshire then bring him back.

Drop Andrew Flintoff. Woefully out of form - go back to Lancashire buddy and sort yourself out. You'll be back before the end of the summer, I'll wager.

Paul Nixon, despite a great second half of the winter, is not the future. The appallingly treated Chris Read is.

Drop Sajid Mahmood - from ODI's. I still believe he is a Test bowler.

Drop James Anderson, bring in Stuart Broad.

The mention of the name Steve Harmison should be punishable by a public flogging in the middle of the square.

Bring back Banger.

Rob Key never, at any point, suddenly became a bad player.

Mark Ealham can still do a job for us in this summer's ODI's. If Paul Nixon can get a game, why not Ealham?

There surely can be no way back for the King of Spain, in the light of Monty Panesar's performances.

Just a few thoughts. I'm far from done, but my cup doth not runneth over - I need some tea.

Anyone going to be at Trent Bridge on Sunday to see the Outlaws hammer the Tykes all over the county :pDT_Xtremez_28: ?

agree with a lot of that, but would never drop pietersen and flintoff.
I think the problem with those guys is very similar to the football team - unquestionably talented, but over hyped to the point that they belive they have nothing to prove, and the intensity fades away.
I have big hopes for the likes of Bell,Cook,Broad and Plunkett. Hopefully theres a few more jewels hidden away in county cricket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back