• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cpl 'Big' Vernon Lodge

Robby

Corporal
I've just heard the very sad news that 'Big Vern' Lodge has passed away.

I first met Vern at Sek Kong where he had arrived from Binbrook and he then went to the Harrier Software Maintenance Unit at Boscombe Down, when he retired he went to work for BAe at Brough.

A true gent and all round sportsman (ranging from Rugby and Hockey to Badminton) a great fella and sadly missed, taken too early.

RIP Vern

True Blue Jack

Warrant Officer
RIP Vern. I have fond memories of him from my time at Boscombe Down where he tried in vain to teach me to play hockey.

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
RIP Vern.

Many happy days were spent at Boscombe with Vern.

A gentle gentleman with a big heart both on and off the rugby pitch.

Very sad news.

Will raise a glass or five tonight in your honour Vern.

Vern leaves behind his wife Sue and his baby daughter Victoria.

You are in the thoughts of the TW clan.

It's just got very dusty where I am and I think there is some in my eyes.

TW.

Last edited:

the lovetoad

Sergeant
Subscriber
Fantastic memories of Vern, dragging my hungover bod to Pewsey Vale for rugby every Saturday and then on a couple of occasions conning me into Boscombe's hockey team as a goalie!!

Rest in Peace my friend.

Last edited:

NODUFF

LAC
Big Vern

Big Vern

I knew Vernon in Hongkers, the pleasure was all mine.
He became a fellow front row Yorkie, a big man with an even bigger heart.
My thoughts are with your loved ones, - RIP Big Vern!

Trenchard

LAC
Played and coached with Vern at Boscombe Down, won the local 10s competition. Always with a smile on his face and never with an unkind thought or word.

Rest in peace Vern, you will be missed.