• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Corbyn considers Reintroduction of Women only Carriages....

Martin Blank

Sergeant
Bit of a kick in the slats for feminism and equality isnt it?
Maybe instead tackle the actual problem of violence towards ANYONE on public transport.
So who's going to police it? security guard on the door or just all the potential victims trapped in one place?
Talk about going back in time.

Sniffer

Super Moderator
What utter nonsense. That rule would imply that all men are are a risk to women.

I would like to think that if I was in a train carriage and a man tries to assault/overpower me, there would be someone else on hand to come to my rescue. Preferably a big burly man!

MontyPlumbs

Squadron Cock
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Hahaha, yes cos we have enough spare stock for burd only carriages!

The guy is a dangerous buffoon.

PraiseBacon

Sergeant
I think it's splendid that he will listen to people - and start to make promises before speaking to management, workers or unions.

I can just see RMT saying, yes, of course we will police entry to women only cartridges and take all the abuse for no extra money . because, as we all know, transport unions are really open to changes ;-)

FWIW, women only, families with young kids only, smokers carriages etc are all welcome - as long long as we can have the men only one as well - so I can get some peace and quiet on a train ;-)

"The governor of the BofE will be on a plane home if he doesn't do what I say" line shows his in depth understanding of financial markets, and the perils that befell Greece and other countries. (eg China printing debt fuelled money and doing all the infrastructure projects - how well is that working out at the moment?!)

the it's good so many people are interested in politics to register to vote, and not believing people registered from other parties just to vote for him and scupper he party speech, shows he has a strong politicians ability to ignore facts and press on with his line anyway..

My favourite was the man who has voted against his parties whip more than anyone else, telling the rest of the party they are expected to fall in line if he is elected ! - a classic of cluelessness

I think he is comedy gold - I admire his conviction, and his belif in his cause - but he is basically unelectable as a PM, he would take the country backwards and have no international credibility.

Hell, even the LibDems might get some seats back if he is elected Labour leader ;-)

Out of interest, for our lifelong lefties - would you still blindly vote labour with Corbin as party leader?, or would you look around for next best option?..

Last edited:

Ex-Bay

SNAFU master
Subscriber
Like most of the would-be 'elected', he can say what he thinks will get him in and THEN find some excuse to delay or even not do it!

FOMz

Warrant Officer
Out of interest, for our lifelong lefties - would you still blindly vote labour with Corbin as party leader?, or would you look around for next best option?..

And that is who? The LibDems who would suck off the decaying corpse of a tramp if they thought it would even give them the slightest sniff of getting back into power? I wouldn't trust them with a wax crayon. Maybe the Greens?. Who lets be honest... Are fcuking laughable.

Unlike The majority of Tory drones, you may find that many would abstain. If Corbyn did become party leader, though....he would last no more than 3 years before there is a night of the long knives...

This may be an answer to the problem though...

PraiseBacon

Sergeant
And that is who?

Next best alternative is, of course a subjective opinion.

• Mass abstention - possible, but just hands a bigger majority to the Tory party
  • Protest vote to Greens, or other minor party - Tory's still in power, possibility a slightly smaller majority
  • Vote for the Monster National Raving Loony Party - an excellent protest vote, and I would laugh for a week if Sutch finally landed an MP after all this time.
  • Vote UKIP - scary prospect, but possible they would land more than 1 MP for their share of the vote (which was 3 times the size of the entire SNP vote!)

Or, IMO, most likely scenario - mass abstention at a couple of by-elections and local council elections - party comes to its senses - long knifes come out and someone (David M?) is suddenly their leader with a few months to go before the election, and hopes for a landslide on a wave of popularity..

GD on Wheels

Sergeant
Next best alternative is, of course a subjective opinion.

• Mass abstention - possible, but just hands a bigger majority to the Tory party
  • Protest vote to Greens, or other minor party - Tory's still in power, possibility a slightly smaller majority
  • Vote for the Monster National Raving Loony Party - an excellent protest vote, and I would laugh for a week if Sutch finally landed an MP after all this time.
  • Vote UKIP - scary prospect, but possible they would land more than 1 MP for their share of the vote (which was 3 times the size of the entire SNP vote!)

Or, IMO, most likely scenario - mass abstention at a couple of by-elections and local council elections - party comes to its senses - long knifes come out and someone (David M?) is suddenly their leader with a few months to go before the election, and hopes for a landslide on a wave of popularity..

So would I, as Lord Such has been dead since 1999 :pDT_Xtremez_21: