• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Continuous Attitude Survey 2018

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
So I've just had fun being as open and honest filling my 'anonymous' survey out, the thing is will those in Ivory Towers take note and make the wholesale required changes? Doubtful, could they even if they wanted to?

Anybody else? Thoughts?

Rugby-Jock-Lad

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
Tick box exercise:

As they point out: "If you don't like it you can leave!".

And our response: "Don't worry. We will at a time which suits."..Regards....Junior Rank considered a financial burden on the MOD due to wages, limited hard to get allowances and pension payments.

Anything planned to pen SM??

Personally I just use the RAF as a cash cow now. Already trained up for post I am in so no screwing around trying to sort travel, courses etc and just want an easy life before leaving TBH. Signed EOS but 22 up next Oct 19 so can really just put my ET notice in when I feel like it. Good place to be I tell you!!!!

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Tick box exercise:

Anything planned to pen SM??

The usual rants on promotion (Suggestion: Stop accelerating the careers of those who can't do their Primary Role but are all too happy to bugger about with all the crap which doesn't support the delivery of Air Power. I'm all for people to apply for the next position up filtered by base criteria and then pass a trade / core values based interview.

Pay (It's all been said before such as ****e FRI's, ****e pay rises due to **** all future sight from the Treasury and no Eng pay spine especially since the RN will soon have one. In this case I am now paid less than a LH who has been in 5 minutes and can't even tell the difference between ft lbf and in lbf, happily causes many hours of extra maintenance due to ineptitude and has all of the leadership and charisma of one of my dog's turds).

Pension (Stop buggering us about!).

Manpower (There is no fat in the system any more ~ I believe my particular part of TG1 is currently at 83% manning strength.

I've 730 days left in the blue suit and currently very happy with my escape strategy. I very much doubt I can be convinced otherwise.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
So nothing new then, I once got one of these just after a detachment working with (for) the Army, not a good time to receive my comments.

They ask the same questions, get the same answers and then, because they don’t have the means to do anything, make no changes, can’t get more continuous than that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
These are not unique to the military. My organisation has an annual staff survey every October which asks a whole range of questions.

Usually around 50% of the workforce bother to complete it. However, the starting point for senior leaders is that 50% did not take part and are therefore classed as satisfied with their job, and you end up with a survey that shows around 20% of the total workforce are unhappy, when its actually 40%+ of those who bothered to do the survey who are unhappy.

Dan_Brown

Sergeant
I've turned down my crown twice in the last few weeks, bear with me..............

Manning have been excellent, i have never had such an engagement with them over positions/roles, previously it was a dream sheet and you ended up where Manning sent you, which was not necessarily where the individual wanted.

First offer was a great role, but **** location, 2nd offer was great location, but **** role.

The role i am currently in gets me home on an evening, experience and civvy quals albeit no promotion. Weighing it up, £40 a month extra for the significantly added stress etc i think i am staying where i am which will see me to my EoS. A very tough decision, the only regret is the pension side :(

I am also working with other trades and they are telling me the powers that be are contacting ex-blue jobs, offering them bonuses, promotions etc, because we are essentially fecked.

Point being, fill in the form and tell them the ground truths - i am.

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
They have the same thing in the NHS, they say it's anonymous, and it's conducted by an outside agency. So much for anonymity, if you don't fill it in and send it back, you get a reminder.