• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Combat Cooks!

Snedderz

LAC
Ok so a wee while ago it was suggested that TG19 Chefs could take a more fronline role on operations and that chefs in the RAF coud be trained inline with the army! Any ideas what happened?

Spearmint

Ex-Harrier Mafia Member
1000+ Posts
Ok so a wee while ago it was suggested that TG19 Chefs could take a more fronline role on operations and that chefs in the RAF coud be trained inline with the army! Any ideas what happened?

No idea, but I've never had a bad meal when MCSU has been there. :)

mickj3

LAC
No idea, but I've never had a bad meal when MCSU has been there. :)

I was fed on many occasions by MCSU anytime night & day and never had a bad meal, they were truly the unsung hero's of any deployment or det I went on. In the Falklands in 82 no matter who you were or what time of day it was if you turned up at the MCSU (set up at Stanley airfield) you left with a hot meal inside you. That was until the day that the first Station Commander winged his way in (mid/late July) and the T****R closed the complex to the pondlife so that the Officers could hold Stanleys first dinning in night and he could get his few inches of print in the RAF news. To be fair a large number of the officers were outraged by this action.

rest have risen above me

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
MCSU what a bunch of newspaper hogging gits....
One det in Norway one Fri every newspaper from the previous week disappeared.
They reappeared wrapped around fish and chips that night. It's the silly little things they add that makes them such an asset.

dkh51250

Sergeant
Not just MCSU, the legend that was Neil Chinnery, (RIP) fed me and my lads in a more than admirable fashion on several occassions, whilst out in the bondu.

D

dozyscopie1

Guys done our recent Magic Carpet det and the food was better than what I am used to back at my unit. Credit to the RAF.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
MCSU in gioia in the 90s wasn't anything special though....

MCSU in gioia in the 90s wasn't anything special though....

I dunno, I thought it was a nice change to ruff it at lunch from eating at the various hotels we all stayed at in Puglia.

Have to state that I thought what they managed to produce at Al's Garage was very good. Infact I recall that our US colleages, when invited as guests, couldn't get enough.

UlsterExile

Sergeant
Went from Bruggen in 99 to Solenzara Air Base, they ended up feeding nearly the entire Det as the Host Nation Support was ok apart from the food. However the only part of the feeding that MCSU couldn't compete with was the Beer and Wine on tap at evening meal in the Base mess. But I tip my hat to you lads and lasses second to none.:pDT_Xtremez_30: