• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CMLO Tasks and entiltlements, Scribblies Please Help

Martin Blank

Sergeant
Ok here's the story
Just been pinged for a CMLO task which means I will be detached for 7 1/2 months (UK Based Task) Aug 13 to Mar 14
Its 220 miles away from my house so I've been told I get GYH(D) but out of that I also have to pay food charge as its not a pay as you starve unit. Fair do's I have to eat.
My problem is I've been selected from a cast of thousands to do the job cause I'm downgraded but here's the rub, a week after I get there I'm off to Henlow for a permenant board.
This means I'm either out or am getting a permenant Limited deployable Med Cat.
If I get to stay in that means I then become liable for OOA albeit not one where I'm going to get shot at.
Will my 7 1/2 months detached count for anything? or am i going to get congratulations you've just spent over half the year away from home now go spend the rest in the Falklands.
Due to distance, cost etc I will be spending at least 24 nights away per month out of the 30/31 in 12 day blocks. Best case scenario. At worst during the winter months I'm away it could be less due to adverse weather.
Any clarification would be greatfully rec'd.

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I have vague recollection of some CMLO counting towards a DWR credit, but it depended where and what....I could be wrong though, sorry I can't help further.

tommo9999

Higher Pay Band Shiney
I'm guessing the CM has selected you for this task as it is UK based and therefore not subject to the normal medical standards of most overseas deployed locations. It was certainly something I did when I was a drafter as it meant I could use pers with reduced MES (Now JMES) and therefore it resulted in a more even share of the time away from home across the rank and trade. Have you spoken to the desk to get any further gen?

robson

LAC
Ok here's the story
Just been pinged for a CMLO task which means I will be detached for 7 1/2 months (UK Based Task) Aug 13 to Mar 14
Its 220 miles away from my house so I've been told I get GYH(D) but out of that I also have to pay food charge as its not a pay as you starve unit. Fair do's I have to eat.
My problem is I've been selected from a cast of thousands to do the job cause I'm downgraded but here's the rub, a week after I get there I'm off to Henlow for a permenant board.
This means I'm either out or am getting a permenant Limited deployable Med Cat.
If I get to stay in that means I then become liable for OOA albeit not one where I'm going to get shot at.
Will my 7 1/2 months detached count for anything? or am i going to get congratulations you've just spent over half the year away from home now go spend the rest in the Falklands.
Due to distance, cost etc I will be spending at least 24 nights away per month out of the 30/31 in 12 day blocks. Best case scenario. At worst during the winter months I'm away it could be less due to adverse weather.
Any clarification would be greatfully rec'd.

I doubt it very much, I had the pleasure of doing 3 x 4 month dets overseas, because it wasn't directly involved with anything operational ie Falklands/afghan I got told to ram it and tough luck!!!!