• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Clarkson suspended

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
11026149_1607512919482353_7676836391164620808_n.jpg

briggfairy

Sergeant
for me he has to go, he was on a final warning and he hit someone because he was hungry and didn't like the food provided, like a bratty toddler.

I like top gear and find it entertaining but you cannot let people get away with whatever they want just because they are popular, you wouldn't get away with acting like this anywhere else so why should a primmadonna tv presenter?

what worries me the most is the public reaction, apparently the great british public would rather sign a petition to prevent their telly schedule being disrtupted than one to increase funding for cancer drugs or to increase education over female genital mutilation.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
Theresa May, Home Secretary, stole from the Great British tax payers and was allowed to pay it back. ::/:

Clarkson, allegedly. Important word that, punched a producer and people are baying for his blood. :pDT_Xtremez_17:

Top gear complaints are a joke. 600 people complains out of how many viewers? FFS tell these people to exercise their freedom of choice and switch over or switch off!

Top Gear offends you? . Celebrities with no talent dancing on ice in the jungle offends the f*ck out of me, as do voice, x- factor, Eastbendernation street and Aussie and Yank soaps too, not to mention the mountain of f*cking football! I just switch over and watch something else. Easily offended people should try it, it's great for the blood pressure....

Yes I am a Top Gear fan, yes I am a Jeremy Clarkson fan. That doesn't alter the fact that I have a very good point.
That's on the internet now and we all know, if it's on the internet it must be true. Henry V said that...... on the internet. :pDT_Xtremez_31:

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
I just switch over and watch something else. Easily offended people should try it, it's great for the blood pressure....

You'll probably find that many of the 'offended' people never actually watch the program but simply hear about things third hand and then complain.
Complaints are the empowerment of petty little people. They can get 'big' people into trouble with little or no effort or little if any need to prove anything other than to declare 'I'm offended'. Just another example of how a basically good premise (we should try to be respectful to one another) is abused by the spiteful and vindictive creating social angst and navel gazing over nothing.

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
You'll probably find that many of the 'offended' people never actually watch the program but simply hear about things third hand and then complain.

I think this was demonstarted most succinctly by the "slope" incident, every day the complaints tally went up.
I personally thought that those that saw "slope" as a racial slur may have needed to look at themselves more closely. I thought he meant the ramp was a bit steep. As for the eeny meeny miny mo video, I watched that closely and I cannot here him mumble the "N" word or anything that sounds like it.

Personally I would like someone to make up their mind about that word once and for all, it's either offensive or it isn't. If it is it's time the likes of rappers, Spike Lee, et al to stop saying it too!

propersplitbrainme

Warrant Officer
As for the eeny meeny miny mo video, I watched that closely and I cannot here him mumble the "N" word or anything that sounds like it.

Personally I would like someone to make up their mind about that word once and for all, it's either offensive or it isn't. If it is it's time the likes of rappers, Spike Lee, et al to stop saying it too!

Hmmm, certainly sounds like he did to me but maybe its because Im conditionec and know what word goes in the bit covered by the mumble. This is why he doesnt get the benefit of the doubt as he could quite easily have simply said one of the commonly used substitue words or even a different rhyme. But he HAS to try and be a smartass and in this instance ballsed it up.

firestorm

Warrant Officer
As for the eeny meeny miny mo video, I watched that closely and I cannot here him mumble the "N" word or anything that sounds like it.

Why did he issue the grovelling apology? Lets face it, when it comes to lazy, racial (racist?) stereotyping, he's got form.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8vnyP65SuA

Last edited: