• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cheaper petrol and diesel

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

No problem.

I hope so to. Please tell more people so we can get the cards quicker.

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
For once Nerdy is right, this is not a wind up.

I know the bloke running it personally, his Name is Ben Scammel and he has been a long time campaigner for cheaper petrol.

The way this is supposed to work is similar to agency cards, they will give a good average price, no matter where you buy, you might not get 5p a litre off the pump price, but in an expensive garage you will save money, In a cheap one it may be the same price or even more expensive to use the card.

The apparent benefit for the petrol company is not selling more petrol, they make next to sod all off that anyway. It is to get you in their forecourt (rather than one of their competitors) buying sweets and emergency fan belts which they have a much bigger mark up on and is what to most of them actually what constitutes their profits.

Weebl, if you are who I think you are?? And knowing what car you drive I can understand your interest in getting cheaper petrol.:pDT_Xtremez_31:

Weebl

Flight Sergeant
Captain Pugwash said:
Weebl, if you are who I think you are?? And knowing what car you drive I can understand your interest in getting cheaper petrol.:pDT_Xtremez_31:

In that case, I am who you think I am :D

Who are you? :D

Edited to add)

Ignore that, I think I have sussed it.

I don't think the savings are as good on Diesel mate :D

Last edited:
A

A CLING NERD SHRON

Keep it up. We need to keep this thread at the top and visible.

C

Cat of Shadows

Done.

Hopefully this will come to fruition.....more power to the everyday man!!

Thanks Nerdy.

A

A CLING NERD SHRON

Come on more people sign up........ Lots of guests look at this site so please sign up now if not sooner and tell everybody you know.
Here is the link again as this thread has gone onto the second page...

http://www.pipelinecard.org/

As an aside and on the same topic I use this website to find the cheapest petrol in my local area............

http://www.petrolprices.com/

Again its free to join.

Last edited:
F

Flt Lt Badminton-Squash

Just signed up to this site and mailed it to quite a few people, it looks very interesting. Lets hope it happens sooner rather than later…

Thanks for the info

Stax

Flight Sergeant
Just signed up, lets see what happens in the long run. As it costs nowt, it no loss if I gain nowt!

Waste Avtur? are you a fool Jag Fag, get Avgas, wow! talk about F1.

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

Just signed myself and Mrs BEngO up. Mr Scammel has exactly the right idea - you can be heard more clearly if you all shout together. I also like his point that we are not 'motorists' - driving is not a leisure activity - it's a modern necessity for many of us.

Good stuff.

Avgas? great until the valve seats and rings give up. Avcat gets slightly more interesting...

Avpin on the other hand, have you seen my holiday shots... from the moon? :pDT_Xtremez_15:

(no I haven't tried any of that - I'm a poor BEngO who has never 'owned' a car outright - the thought of stumping up car loan repayments for a lump of scrap tends to put me off experimenting!)

E

enginesuck

F-34 works just fine in a diesel just use half and half to be safe.... though its obviously very illegal... i dont even have a diesel - just a tip.

Norman the Storeman

QA Acolyte
enginesuck said:
F-34 works just fine in a diesel just use half and half to be safe.... though its obviously very illegal... i dont even have a diesel - just a tip.

Actually I think that you'll find (pushes glasses up nose with index finger) that by mixing Avtur F34 with Lubrizol 1000 at a ratio of 1000:1 you will obtain a product that is virtually identical to diesel.
You will also benefit from the anti-icing & lubricity improving properties of the AL-48 present in F34, which as we all know comprises of AL-41(Diethylene glycol monomethyl ether) & AL-61 (a mixture of fatty acids).

I thank you! :pDT_Xtremez_41:

T

TheHogwartsBEngO

Norman the Storeman said:
& AL-61 (a mixture of fatty acids).

ssshhh! Don't tell Dr Gillian McKeith or she'll be telling us all to eat more of it!