• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can you believe this crap!!!

penfold93

Rex Craymer Man of Danger
Staff member
Subscriber
TBH, I understand the frustration behind this post.

in 2003 in Basrah, a colleague and I were off shift and went to go for a drink in the 'RAF Bar' and was politely refused entry as I was part of JHF(I). There were army guys in there as they were attached to the RAF main unit (can't remember the title) yet we, as RAF personnel weren't allowed in there.

So - harking back to this post, if it's a Cpls Bar, surely a Cpl is entitled to use it?

I don't think it started as an anti TG17 (anything but TG1) slating, just frustration at not being able to use his 'own' bar!

So how about you guys give him a keffing break?

It wasnt the JR's Bar it was the function room for the JR's Mess which can be hired by any Rank

Oberon305

Chairborne
It wasnt the JR's Bar it was the function room for the JR's Mess which can be hired by any Rank

OK. Either way......would it really have done any harm to let him watch the match there?

I always thought we were one service......a 'team'? Obviously not.

But....I do apologise for my mistake.

penfold93

Staff member
Subscriber
OK. Either way......would it really have done any harm to let him watch the match there?

If I had been there then I wouldnt have had a problem but as I said it was nowt to do with me, only pointed it out as it sounds like he was being turned away from the NAAFI when in fact it was another place

Leckie1

LAC

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Spot on comments mate.

But as I said earlier, this is a sickening example of where the RAF is today.

I sometimes wonder, exactly where there is ANY evidence of "teamwork" anymore.

The RAF is a multi departmental organisation, which seems to run nowadays, on the principle of "I'm ok jack !".

Makes me feel angry and sick at the same time.

Letting this guy stay and watch the game, would have harmed......................NOBODY!

But once again, some necky, miserable tawt decided to pipe up and be the big man in front of his peers.

I would understand if it had been a group of people, and that they would start getting in the way of the others. But ONE guy, being asked to leave for the reasons given on here, is IMHO a joke.

And just for the record, my opinion of Base Support trades is pretty low.
Lazy, un-motivated, self important, un-helpful, shoddy are just some of the words I would use to describe a large proportion of the people in those trades.

I base my opinion, on numerous dealings with these trades.

T93

Sergeant
I base my opinion, on numerous dealings with these trades.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Leckie1,

Just for my understanding. Can you give a breakdown of the trades that makeup Base Support.

Only out of interest from my side. I can probably guess most, but a few would slip through.

T93

Kryten

Warrant Officer
Surely a better suggestion would have been to open the Rugby Club or NAAFI up and make it an all-ranks affair; I mean after all, its a national event...

penfold93

Staff member
Subscriber
As I have said in previous posts, this was not the only place that was open both the JUNIOR RANKS BAR and the Bowling alley were open for watching the match, he was not prevented from watching the match but was turned away from what was in esscence a private function.

I was not there so cannot comment if he was with a group or on his own.

So before any other barrack room lawyer chips in with his sage advice he was not stopped from watching the match and he was not turned away from his own bar.

Maybe team work has lost its way and maybe the Staish should have just said no and none of the Station would of seen it.

raflad67

Corporal
As a Base Support Trade of over 24 years I am disheartened to hear such comments about Base Support trades. Opinions are of course like ar$eholes, we all have them and we are all entitled to one (an opinion!)but we could all say things about other trades and go round and round yet again.....anyone for 'higher pay band for Tg17':pDT_Xtremez_42:

My opinion of Base Support Trades is pretty high, but perhaps I would say that. But from years of experience not just in the RAF, if you speak and deal with people in the correct manner then you seem to get what you need/want....

This post is going off the rails - penfold has told it how it whas ie a private function, get over it.

unruly1986

Sergeant
IIRC all the other games have been open to juniors from across the station. There were even posters up in the blocks advertising this. That may have given the impression that all future games would be open to the entire station as well.

By making this match a private function the mess has shot itself in the foot.

As for BSW, well I'm sure all PSF were down the mess. Was PSF open for a full day on Thursday or did they have a usual half day?