• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can any HR people advise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
A question from an ex Techie, if anybody can help.

I'm applying soon for an aircraft maintenance licence, and under the present rules I must be able to show my previous military experiance including Fitters course certificates and preferably other trade courses as well (TMTs etc). I lost my fitter course one years ago (well I did it in 1985!) and only have the C&G one from that time. I was talking to a guy at work who has just got his ticket, and he stated that the CAA had asked about his military background (even though he had worked in industry for well over the quailifying time). As an ex Matelot, he contacted the Navy and they sent him a JPA type print out of all his courses plus results.

Was such infomation kept on the switch over to JPA in the RAF or is some department holding any archived material on ex personal available? I do have my testimonal (with half the details missing, because they were never transferred onto JPA) and my old F4820s (that are up to date, but hardly look like offical documents as there is no verification on them). Is there any contacts I can make that will have more than just the transferred JPA data?
Please PM details if known.

Many thanks.

Joe_90

Flight Sergeant
1000+ Posts
There is a cell at Cranwell that helps deal with enquiries about ex-servicemen. They could be a good shout.

RAF Disclosures section
Room 221b, Trenchard Hall
RAF Cranwell
Sleaford
Lincs NG34 8HB

From the Cranwell site.

G

gemarriott

All that info was included in my discharge docs, every course I did, all the Q courses and experience etc.

Is that not the case any more?

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
All you need to explain is wher you got your C&G from - and the exam centre is marked on the certificate anyway, so that shouldnt be a problem.

I don't have any proof of when I went through my Mech's training at all, and, except for the C&G Certificate from my Fitters Course (AAF41 - if you're at all interested?) I dont have any other proof of formal training either.

However, all or most of your trade training should be marked/recorded in your Record of Engineering Training and Experience (whatever its called nowadays - PDR?)

Don't you have one of those?

Rigga

Grand Prix fanatic..
There is a cell at Cranwell that helps deal with enquiries about ex-servicemen. They could be a good shout.

RAF Disclosures section
RAF Cranwell
Sleaford
Lincs NG34 8HB

From the Cranwell site.

Thanks

Thats the ticket mate.. As Rigga mentioned, I do have the C&G as mentioned.. Plus a testimonal. However the testimonial was a stupid JPA print out missing half the information that was trade based. I do have the F4820 mind with everything else. I'm just looking to see anywhere that holds info if I need to draw from it..

Grand Prix fanatic..
All you need to explain is wher you got your C&G from - and the exam centre is marked on the certificate anyway, so that shouldnt be a problem.

I don't have any proof of when I went through my Mech's training at all, and, except for the C&G Certificate from my Fitters Course (AAF41 - if you're at all interested?) I dont have any other proof of formal training either.

However, all or most of your trade training should be marked/recorded in your Record of Engineering Training and Experience (whatever its called nowadays - PDR?)

Don't you have one of those?

Rigga

F4820.. Got that.

MAINJAFAD

Warrant Officer
A question from an ex Techie, if anybody can help.

I'm applying soon for an aircraft maintenance licence, and under the present rules I must be able to show my previous military experiance including Fitters course certificates and preferably other trade courses as well (TMTs etc). I lost my fitter course one years ago (well I did it in 1985!) and only have the C&G one from that time. I was talking to a guy at work who has just got his ticket, and he stated that the CAA had asked about his military background (even though he had worked in industry for well over the quailifying time). As an ex Matelot, he contacted the Navy and they sent him a JPA type print out of all his courses plus results.

Was such infomation kept on the switch over to JPA in the RAF or is some department holding any archived material on ex personal available? I do have my testimonal (with half the details missing, because they were never transferred onto JPA) and my old F4820s (that are up to date, but hardly look like offical documents as there is no verification on them). Is there any contacts I can make that will have more than just the transferred JPA data?
Please PM details if known.

Many thanks.

I dont think any Q's done before 90 went on to JPA (none of mine did).

G

gemarriott

mine was pretty accurate

Bomb on bomb off
missile on missile off
seat in seat out

etcetera etcetera :pDT_Xtremez_14:

Woodja

Corporal

RAF Disclosures section
RAF Cranwell
Sleaford
Lincs NG34 8HB

From the Cranwell site.

Fil this form in and send it to the address above.

Status
Not open for further replies.