• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

bucharest. Anybody been there

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Blue sky are starting a service from jla liverpool to bucharest in December. Cist from £25 one way. Cheaper than going to London by train. Anybody been for a few days.

the lovetoad

Sergeant
Subscriber
A city ravaged by crime, poverty and anti social locals Liverpool provides the perfect airport to fly from.

Bucharest was a great night out about 15 years ago tho

justintime129

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
A city ravaged by crime, poverty and anti social locals Liverpool provides the perfect airport to fly from.

Bucharest was a great night out about 15 years ago tho

Ravaged by crime poverty anti social locals, obviously you've not been to liverpool then, just read about it.

Kryten

Warrant Officer
I had 3 nights there back in 2010 and I have to say it was one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. Strangely reminiscent of a northern Italian town, food was cheap, beer was even cheaper and there were loads of things to do - I'd recommend going to see Ceacescu's palace - its enormous.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Are there lots of gypsies and beggars. Is it it like a west European capital city

In the tourist areas, sure - these guys are pro's and would grace any west end theatre when they get "into character". However, tourism = hard cash and the police would rather shoot a pikie than a dog.

I'll tell you a story about the Russian Embassy in Bucharest one day; it still makes me smile.

Tedlooney

Sergeant
I went there a few years back and had a tremendous time. Before we went I'd read loads of stories abut con artists and scammers targeting tourists but didn't see any crime. Taxi drivers are supposed to overcharge a lot but we got around by bus or underground and walking. There were a few packs of stray dogs wandering about but nothing to worry about. The locals were great. Food and beer was unbelievably cheap. We went to a great bar/restaurant called Caru cu Biere (or something like that) a couple of times and had a great time for next to nothing. We stayed just near Caucescu's old place (House of the People). I'd say Bucharest is well worth a visit.