• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

BT or Sky?

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Finishing up here so and going home. Moving back in to my old house rented out. So, low user if TV, not a huge streamer. BT or Sky?

Im in a fibre optic area already.m

Witty_Banter

Flight Sergeant
If you're not much of a TV watcher, I'd say whoever can offer you the best broadband signal. BT and Sky are both sh1te at customer service! Have heard good things about Virgin Media - is that an option?

FOMz

Warrant Officer
I'm with virgin, better bandwidth (200 meg) and cheaper if you bundle with either TV, or phone.

I had just Broadband to start with and they chucked a TiVo in for free as well.

Last edited:

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Even though i had infinity before, seems cable is still not an option with virgin. no idea why

techie_tubby

Warrant Officer
I've just moved my internet to BT Infinity. Pay £10 a month plus line rental and I get free BT Sport and free basic BT Vision. Better option than Sky was offering at the time but from my experience it all depends on the time of year you are looking at switching. I would look at all your options and not just limit yourself to those 2. I was with Plusnet for the past 2 years and I am winging their praises in work. Very nice company to use.

FOGHORN LEGHORN

Sergeant
I'm with BT after leaving sky. Equally bad customer service but better value for money imo. Plus I get free wifi in the mess and can watch European football on my iPad as its a hotspot. So wifi here at Brize and my house in lincolnshire. Bargain.

This message was sent using my thumb.

FOGHORN LEGHORN

Sergeant
BT or Sky?

Never felt better than the day I left sky... Overstatement obviously but you get what I mean...

This message was sent using my thumb.

Stevienics

Warrant Officer
1000+ Posts
Seems that BT is the way ahead still. If only their website didn't keep rejecting my application

Gonterseed

Flight Sergeant
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Living in rural Essex there is nothing other than what is delivered down a pair of copper wires. Not much use for streaming unless you live right next to the rural exchange, which I don't. Anyway, having Sky is a simple option for me. We've had it for years. Mrs Seed is happy with it and any change would mean me having to endure months of grief while she gets used to a new way of working the telly.

tommo9999

Higher Pay Band Shiney
Went with Virgin for the first time when I moved to Cardiff - way better than Sky or BT, wifi is genuinely lightning fast and the TV package is good other than it doesn't yet have Sky Atlantic.

FOMz

Warrant Officer
TV package is good other than it doesn't yet have Sky Atlantic.

Because Sky know if they give that little gem up.. people will leave them in droves for Virgin. :pDT_Xtremez_25:

Its the only thing that keeps me with Sky for TV right now.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Because Sky know if they give that little gem up.. people will leave them in droves for Virgin. :pDT_Xtremez_25:

Its the only thing that keeps me with Sky for TV right now.
Now TV has the main Sky channels and you can pick up vouchers so it only works out at £5 a month.

Inifinity 2 with Kodi on my PC plugged into TV for me, too cheap to buy another box.

Android box or Fire HD, either with Kodi on does seem to be the way to go at the moment.