• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Browsers!

sumps

Sergeant
Chrome, firefox, IE...and the rest...whis is the better and why? (pro's and con's).

Bearing in mind I'm Engines...Keep it simple :pDT_Xtremez_21:

M

monobrow

If you want to use IE make sure it's 8 at least. Firefox, chrome, opera and all the others do exactly the same thing...

Download them and give them a try.

Only one I would recommend for social networking addicts, look up "flock". It ties up most of your social networking accounts into the browser so you can be hassled no matter what page you happen to be staring at.

Personally I use Firefox and have done for years. The pages would still look the same in IE or Opera or Chrome or...........

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I use Firefox and Opera. I like Opera because it has a speed dial facility so you can put your favourite sites into a "keypad format" on the home page. Opera Mini for mobiles is excellent and I would recommend it to anyone.

However, Opera main browser can take a while to catch up with internet "trends" leading to lacklustre performance.

Firefox is as reliable today as it was when I first used it around 5-6 years ago.

TW

AED24

LAC
I usd Firefox for years, really happy with it - works with all PC and Macs types, multi tabs. Recently, the latest version started to freeze, so now using Google Chrome - its really clean, simple and works quickly.

Rambling Sid

Sergeant
I use a Mac and Safari with Firefox as a secondary browser. Thankfully they stopped making I.E. for Macs a long time ago.

N

NotAnIDOYet

I am a Firefox man, coverted a couple of years ago and have not looked back. Also tried Google Chrome but Firefox does everything I need quite well so I went back to it.

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Firefox

Firefox

Firefox will do what you want, it has lots of free add ons that stop things happening that you don't want to happen, add blocker and such like.

It's always best to have a IE in the background for the odd site that won't work but once you've got used to Firefox you won't want to go back.

Safari is fine but it's not as nice as IE and not used chrome so cannot comment.

Browsers can be a personal thing, try them all and stick with the one you like the most......

Scaley brat

Trekkie Nerd
1000+ Posts
I am a Firefox man, coverted a couple of years ago and have not looked back. Also tried Google Chrome but Firefox does everything I need quite well so I went back to it.

Same here. I left IE because of the security holes, now I'm just used to Firefox. No point going back now :pDT_Xtremez_14:

T

The Masked Geek

Make your own. Can be as lite as you want then. :pDT_Xtremez_14: