• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brize movers got the 'higher pay band' allegedly

D

Discombobulated

Ok, I'm new to the forum and don't wish to get up anyone's nose, but after weeks of hearing most Movers at brize gloating about all the backpay and higher pay they are about to receive starting in April 2010, i'm eager to know where this info has come from?
Only this afternoon i heard a SNCO (will remain un-named) informing a Civvie about his £3k payrise due to his pay band going up next month.
Has this been OFFICIALY announced, or is this SNCO setting himself up for a massive fall should the powers that be say 'NO' to the payrise?
Regards

D

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
Well they do need it

Well they do need it

Ok, I'm new to the forum and don't wish to get up anyone's nose, but after weeks of hearing most Movers at brize gloating about all the backpay and higher pay they are about to receive starting in April 2010, i'm eager to know where this info has come from?
Only this afternoon i heard a SNCO (will remain un-named) informing a Civvie about his £3k payrise due to his pay band going up next month.
Has this been OFFICIALY announced, or is this SNCO setting himself up for a massive fall should the powers that be say 'NO' to the payrise?
Regards

D

Well they do need it now they're not getting any cig money.....

fat lazy techie

Flight Sergeant
Well every fecker else is getting it so why not jump on the bandwagon. I may have to see if I can remuster as a secretary and stay on the same pay with far less responsibility.

RAF Bird

Stacker *********

Just a quick point, said SNCO will definately remain nameless on this forum... you can not post things like that on here for persec reasons.

D

Discombobulated

Just a quick point, said SNCO will definately remain nameless on this forum... you can not post things like that on here for persec reasons.
Don't panic, i'm not going to name anybody.
I just want to know how this info has come about and is 'set in stone' depending on who you listen to.
Surely there are movers on here from Brize who can back up this claim?
If not, it might be an idea to stop spouting the proverbial to anyone who will listen as you will ALL look extremely stupid thanks to a select few who should know better.
I notice it hasn't been 'Announced' with bells and whistles in the 'Muppet' section of this forum, and i would imagine that there would be a few happy posts on this topic by now if it was factual.

Realist78

Master of my destiny
I think they may be made to look tw@ts. Surely if it was gospel then the goat would have been swamped with posts by now.

D

Discombobulated

That link was quite useful.
I look forward to putting above mentioned SNCO in the clear. I'll probably print off the statement and post it to him.

D

T

tackleberry

No April fool................

No April fool................

Having just checked JPA, I can now confirm I have just received a £2500 PAY RISE!!! With the pay increase for everyone and me going onto middle flying pay (being a muppet + doing 4 yrs on the lower) thats £4000 a year more than this time last year. YIPEEEEE

Last edited:
A lovely fat pay rise for me too. Wonderful.

How does the song go?

I'm in the money, I'm in the money. :pDT_Xtremez_30: :pDT_Xtremez_30: :pDT_Xtremez_30: :pDT_Xtremez_30:

D

Discombobulated

Well if it is true (yet to see some sort of evidence of this on April fools day) then congratulations to all the movers.
Obviously the rest of TG18 would have liked to benefit too, but if the shoe was on the other foot, Stackers would be bragging too.
I wouldn't begrudge any trade the higher pay band, we could all do with the extra money these days.

M

minigundilpomat

going onto middle flying pay (

Flying pay? You mean Crew pay. Only Aircrew get flying pay. Movers are not Aircrew so they come under the bracket as support crew just like the Ground Engineers. There are only two rates of crew pay £4.85 and £7.87 per day. To me that would suggest that you are are on the top level.