• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

British Veterans ID Card

FOMz

Warrant Officer
I wasnt going to line someone elses pockets so I could have access to 'Discounts' I would never need...

P

pie sandwich

I always thought if I go back to the states then yes I would get one, since their veterans are issued with a card and they do get a lot of discounts, but I just don't see the point over here.
The MOD discounts website is pants TBH, I can get better prices paying full whack on Amazon

busby1971

Super Moderator
Staff member
1000+ Posts
You can get a blue light card which is run by the same people who set up the new Armed forces discount website, probably cheaper (it's free).

http://www.bluelightcard.co.uk/

If you get a war pension you can get a free card from the SPVA but it looks a bit gash and doesn't have your photo on it.

I guess this veterans card would appeal to those who like to keep their rank so would suit the RAFA or Legion types.

Digzster

Sergeant
Subscription to The British Veterans Recognition Card is an annually renewable membership offering a number of benefits.

• Formal Photo Identity Card
  • Access to Partners' discounts
  • Proof of eligibility for discounts abroad
  • Regular newsletter with new offers and other Veterans issues

OK, now I'm confused on this one - 1. Since when is a "mickey mouse" card a Formal Photo ID? It is not issued by the govt. so why would anybody think it would be accepted as such?

2. I have found that (most) military discounts overseas e.g. USA are only given to US military card holders (serving or retired). You would need a NATO travel order and a FULL military ID to get the discount when argueing for it.

I think I smell a money making scheme for the retired officer cadre here.