• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bristow announces potential bankruptcy

Keyser Söze

Corporal
interesting, but I read elsewhere that BHL had said its UK operations will be unaffected,,,. CHC did something similar entering 'Chp 11' a few years ago in the USofA.

BHL run the UKs SAR so it may have substantial implications,,,,, so we shall see I guess

SAXAVORDIAN

Sergeant
Possible seeing seeing something in the Columbia books that might hurt them to terminate the merger. CHC is a Canadian helicopter buyout of the British one if I remember rightly when I was based at Buchan. I think in the mid nineties when CHC took over. I stand corrected.

Keyser Söze

Corporal
Possible seeing seeing something in the Columbia books that might hurt them to terminate the merger. CHC is a Canadian helicopter buyout of the British one if I remember rightly when I was based at Buchan. I think in the mid nineties when CHC took over. I stand corrected.

You are correct Saxo', CHC bought British International Helicopters (BIH) back in the 90's.

I believe that the buy-out of Columbia by Bristows, was cancelled by 'mutual consent' there were financial irregularities apparently so their backers called it off - but hope to do business in future.

All the North Sea Heli operators, either have, or are currently going through significant difficulty.

I Look Like Kevin Costner

Grand Prix fanatic..
Nothing about it anywhere else. But then again there was nothing about BMI Regional going bust until the flights on Saturday were cancelled. As others have said, see what happens with British Ops. They also own Eastern Airways here as well, so that could have another dramatic effect on the UK regional market.

Rigga

Licensed Aircraft Engineer
1000+ Posts
Licensed A/C Eng
Bristow (At Norwich) have only just taken over the Babcock Offshore operation here too - soon to be very confusing for a lot of lads and lasses!
Of the four offshore operators at NWI only two seem to be okay...and that is really surprising!

Keyser Söze

Corporal
When CHC applied for Chpt 11 it did nt have quite the impact to its UK business as it did elsewhere. But they did reduce their fleet size considerably; CHC ditched many of the older types and lease aircraft.

Bond have pulled out of all SNS operations and focused on NNS in the UK

Still not sure whether BHL has actually applied for Cap 11 - time will tell

briggfairy

Sergeant
My wife runs a B&B near humberside airport and one of our long termers (over a year) was a contractor for eastern airways but is leaving to seek pastures new due to the rumors that are flying around so there might be more to come on this.

if anyone is interested the B&B is croxton house bed and breakfast, we're also ideally located for a visit to Guy Martins boozer in the next village. (shameless plug over)

Grand Prix fanatic..
My wife runs a B&B near humberside airport and one of our long termers (over a year) was a contractor for eastern airways but is leaving to seek pastures new due to the rumors that are flying around so there might be more to come on this.

if anyone is interested the B&B is croxton house bed and breakfast, we're also ideally located for a visit to Guy Martins boozer in the next village. (shameless plug over)

Glad you didn't say the Blink Bonny.. Not in Kirmington then. Surprised Eastern had any connies as they laid off most of their base maintenance staff last year. And I. Eastern and Bristows are in the poo. Just look at their accounts online.

Keyser Söze

Corporal
Glad you didn't say the Blink Bonny.. Not in Kirmington then. Surprised Eastern had any connies as they laid off most of their base maintenance staff last year. And I. Eastern and Bristows are in the poo. Just look at their accounts online.

I thought the same too ILLKC didn't know Eastern had any connies at HUY.

We have to know each other ILLKC ;)

briggfairy

Sergeant
well given that Eastern airways own humberside airport I'm a little bit concerned about the future of the place, mind you as BAE have an academy there it may stay partially open

Grand Prix fanatic..
well given that Eastern airways own humberside airport I'm a little bit concerned about the future of the place, mind you as BAE have an academy there it may stay partially open

Eastern have been dumping people very recently. But they like Bristows are in poo street. Bristows own Humberside BTW, Lakey sold all his shares a couple of years ago but is on the board of Bristows Europe I think. The ABZ station manager and one of the supervisors got booted (for economics ) and jumped across the road.

Keyser Söze

Corporal
Eastern have been dumping people very recently. But they like Bristows are in poo street. Bristows own Humberside BTW, Lakey sold all his shares a couple of years ago but is on the board of Bristows Europe I think. The ABZ station manager and one of the supervisors got booted (for economics ) and jumped across the road.

ILLKC is spot on, Bristows own HUY and Yup LOX pot 'ed is on the board at Bristows. Do you know the names of ABZ Stn Mgr ILLKC? (big tall scot initial C?) They're going to be very experienced guys and they're just going to work for BHL' competitors, so sounds like another panic decision. Things look bleak to say the least. Looks like UK SAR is one of the few things keeping them afloat

Teh Wal

Flight Sergeant
"Looks like UK SAR is one of the few things keeping them afloat "

I remember a few "what if the civvy company goes under?" type conversations in the lead up to RAF SAR going civvy. Seemed to be one of those subjects that no-one wanted to discuss in any depth and now here we are facing the very prospect of it happening. Best we start dusting off all those old Sea King airframes... well, the ones that haven't been converted into cafes and glamping pods! :D