• Welcome to the E-Goat :: The Totally Unofficial RAF Rumour Network.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Breakfast

Junter

LAC
On a Saturday morning Mrs Junter and I like to go for breakfast in a local coffee shop/cafe. This morning we took our places at our usual table outside under a large awning and a chap was sat at the next table heartily consuming his full English. As our breakfast was served the chap finished his and immediately lit a cigarette allowing the noxious fumes to fill the area. We moved tables but another chap came out of the shop, stood next to us and lit up. I told him he best move which he did but it really p1ssed me off that I couldn't enjoy my breakfast in peace. Today wasn't the first time and it happens at other venues too. Do other non/ex -smokers not mind or is it time for smoking to be banned in any public areas even if it's outside?

Downsizer

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Don't like it then move.

As an ex smoker I think you need to suck it up buttercup.

Deltaitem

Corporal
I kind of thought it was banned in all UK bars and restaurants, in or out. Unless there are designated smoking areas? Not too sure on the actual rulings. But yeah, it's a noxious, smelly, disgusting habit, and anyone who lights up near you is forcing you to take part. Selfish, self-indulgent w*nkers! A bit like the tw*t you always see on public transport with a loud phone, listening to his music and no earpieces.
Ah, that's good, I feel better now.
Personally, I think if it's not banned it should be, and then gradually outlawed everywhere. I'm all for adopting the New Zealand model over here as well.

Gotta love the Kiwis

Last edited:

Junter

LAC
I kind of thought it was banned in all UK bars and restaurants, in or out. Unless there are designated smoking areas? Not too sure on the actual rulings. But yeah, it's a noxious, smelly, disgusting habit, and anyone who lights up near you is forcing you to take part. Selfish, self-indulgent w*nkers! A bit like the tw*t you always see on public transport with a loud phone, listening to his music and no earpieces.
Ah, that's good, I feel better now.
Personally, I think if it's not banned it should be, and then gradually outlawed everywhere. I'm all for adopting the New Zealand model over here as well.

Gotta love the Kiwis
Ah, I haven't been to the UK for a while so wasn't sure of the rules there. I know in some US cities you can't smoke in some public areas like parks etc. I looked at the NZ legislation, that seems like a good approach.

Tin basher

Knackered Old ****
Staff member
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
I still love the smell of a good old gasper even after 20 odd years w/o.
Weirdly so do I.

I'm not a fanatical anti smoker I stopped almost 25 years ago and glad that I did from both a financial and health perspective. However whilst it's still legal and happening in a designated area then I'm fine with it.

Wobbly_Jon

Corporal
As a reformed 'tabber' (nolonger a slave to Madam Nicotine) I don't mind if someone lights up.
After all it is their life and, with the extra bonus of the tax on 'tabs' these days providing HM Revenue & Customs a small fortune it helps to fund my free perscriptions and State Pension.
Keep on puffin' lads and lasses, your sacrifice will not be forgotten .

Talk Wrench

E-Goat addict
Administrator
Subscriber
1000+ Posts
On a Saturday morning Mrs Junter and I like to go for breakfast in a local coffee shop/cafe. This morning we took our places at our usual table outside under a large awning and a chap was sat at the next table heartily consuming his full English. As our breakfast was served the chap finished his and immediately lit a cigarette allowing the noxious fumes to fill the area. We moved tables but another chap came out of the shop, stood next to us and lit up. I told him he best move which he did but it really p1ssed me off that I couldn't enjoy my breakfast in peace. Today wasn't the first time and it happens at other venues too. Do other non/ex -smokers not mind or is it time for smoking to be banned in any public areas even if it's outside?
Aah yes.

Smoking in Cyprus. For many Cypriots, smoking is as cultural as Souvlaki and Sheftalia.

Smoking while filling your car with petrol? Well why not.

Smoking in the waiting room at the doctor. Yup, that's okay.

A Cypriot told me once that "the English get lung cancer because they don't know how to smoke properly".

Junter

LAC
Aah yes.

Smoking in Cyprus. For many Cypriots, smoking is as cultural as Souvlaki and Sheftalia.

Smoking while filling your car with petrol? Well why not.

Smoking in the waiting room at the doctor. Yup, that's okay.

A Cypriot told me once that "the English get lung cancer because they don't know how to smoke properly".
You're absolutely right TW, lots of smokers in Cyprus. Smoking at the petrol pump is fairly common. Last year we had quite a few wildfires and one time a Kamov firefighting heli was dumping water onto a blaze just off the side of the road when one of the locals in the car in front of me casually flicked his lit dog end into the bondu on the other side. I haven't seen anyone smoking in the waiting room yet but definitely outside the hospital plus enjoying a beer at 9am while waiting for their appointment. It tends to be the elderly English who seem to be the main culprits for sharing their smoke though.

muttywhitedog

Retired Rock Star 5.5.14
1000+ Posts
Try going up to the smokers, break wind and see their reaction. If they think its disgusting to share the smells coming out of another human, then point to their filthy tabs.